[SOLVED] Issues with Ioncube and php 5.3 on localhost

13 years 6 months ago #141625 by Thelowlandpiper
I eventually tracked down that the blank screens were the result of a mis-installation of ioncube. I copied the ioncube folder I'd downloaded into my htdocs folder and ran it by typing http://localhost/ioncube/loader-wizard.php into my browser. This guided me through the process of downloading ioncube again this time into the correct location and telling me how to update the right php.ini file. (Actually you will only find out when you've done it wrong that you need the v6 version not the v9 one; or at least I did, using xampp and windows 7.)

Having got access to my site again, my CB login form generated a 'function ereg is deprecated' error. apparently the result of using php 5.3. It seems that whilst CB generally can handle this, CBSubs as yet cannot, though the manual says simply 'version 5 or better'. The instructions I found for adjusting my xampp configuration to run php 5.2 just screwed up my system so I downloaded wamp and php 5.2, . I set wamp up to run 5.2 and then copied across my joomla files, (everything in the htdocs folder in xampp to the www folder in wamp).
And hey,it worked... hope it helps someone

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/14 16:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #141628 by nant
thanks for sharing - yes CBSubs 1.0.3 does not work with PHP 5.3.
We are currently in CBSubs 1.1 testing that will support PHP 5.3.

13 years 6 months ago #141696 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re:Issues with Ioncube and php 5.3 on localhost
It turns out that my optimism was misplaced; the method for transferring a xampp php 5.3 joomla installation to wamp using php 5.2 that I described appears to work, but causes phpmyadmin to display error messages about conflicts between server and client MySQL versions, warning that problems will probably result.
:(
Oh dear, unless someone can produce a clear and concise instruction for transferring my 5.3 site to a 5.2 site that will run CBSubs I shall have to ditch the project, claim my 30-day refund and wait till the new 5.3 version appears, my nervous system cant cope with much more confusion ...

13 years 6 months ago #141727 by krileon
Simply copy and paste or cut and paste the files themselves. Export your database with phpmyadmin. Import into your PHP5.2 install with phpmyadmin. Adjust configuration.php if necessary and you're good to go. There really shouldn't be any issues though; you should be able to move back and forth freely as PHP5.3 has no bearing on your database. I recommend The Uniform Server as it is closest windows webserver that mimics a linux platform or Wamp Server 2 as you can freely switch PHP releases at any time instead of XAMPP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141892 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re:Issues with Ioncube and php 5.3 on localhost
Simply copy? eventually I have managed to get a set-up where the server MySQL and the client MySQL match, but I had to install an earlier MySQL to do it; I now have a system running in wamp with MySQL 5.0.51a and php 2.8 and it seems to be intact. I found that importing the data files using phpMyAdmin was misleading since it did not necessarily import all the files in the .txt file i had exported from the earlier version, and I had to do it in stages; the MySQL file import omitted a batch of 6 in the middle of the list and then imported the rest.
One of the issues I uncovered was that having been running the xampp version to export the data, the Apache server was not stopping, although it said it was. so it was doing the work when it looked as if the wamp version was. Only restarting the laptop stopped it...
Hopefully now I can discover the wonders of CBSubs ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn