Blocked user after renewal

13 years 5 months ago #144766 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blocked user after renewal

Now the problem is that after renewal the user is still blocked. Is it because I now need the query to re-activate the user and unblock?

Correct, the below will unblock the user.

[code:1]
UPDATE `#__users` SET `block` = 0 WHERE `id` = [user_id]
[/code:1]

it seems also that the query runs only when a member is trying to register without doing it. Is there a way to run the query more often?

Don't understand what you mean. Deactivation query is if the users subscription expires, cancels, etc.. It does not affect only registration.

If you want to force users to have a subscription I recommend seeing CBSubs > Settings > Global and setting free registrations as well as free subscriptions to No. If no subscription is found the user will be blocked automatically.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/25 16:21

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144857 by Simoncini
Replied by Simoncini on topic Re:Blocked user after renewal
I have already set to "no" the free registration. The problem is that in the back end, where I see the status of the users, the user is green flagged until is trying to login. Than if the user does not renew the plan or subscribe to another plan the system blocks the user also in the back end and the flag becomes red.

I also have the problem on the contrary when a blocked user suddenly decides to renew the subscription. How can I make the system able to unblock the user?

13 years 5 months ago #144886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blocked user after renewal

I have already set to "no" the free registration. The problem is that in the back end, where I see the status of the users, the user is green flagged until is trying to login. Than if the user does not renew the plan or subscribe to another plan the system blocks the user also in the back end and the flag becomes red.

Correct, this is how its intended to work.

I also have the problem on the contrary when a blocked user suddenly decides to renew the subscription. How can I make the system able to unblock the user?

They shouldn't block on renewal, but on expiration unless you've the queries backwards. Please try the following.

ACTIVATION:
UPDATE `#__users` SET `block` = 0 WHERE `id` = [user_id]

DEACTIVATION:
UPDATE `#__users` SET `block` = 1 WHERE `id` = [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn