base64 login redirect not working

14 years 2 weeks ago #126563 by vcardillo
base64 login redirect not working was created by vcardillo
Please reference this article here: docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_redirect_users_after_a_successful_login%3F

If I'm logged out of my site, and try to hit a URL that is for registered users only, then Joomla is correctly generating this URL. In this case, <jdoc:include type="component" /> will display Joomla's login box. Upon logging in via Joomla's login box, you are taken directly to the page you were trying to access. This works great.

However, this does not appear to work with CB's login module. I've tried every which way, and CB does not seem to be honoring this functionality that is clearly part of the Joomla core.

Am I doing something wrong? Should this functionality be working with CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126564 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
There is a parameter in the CB Login module that allows you to specify redirect after login URL - did yo see this?

14 years 2 weeks ago #126568 by vcardillo
Replied by vcardillo on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Yes, but that is not what I am referring to. That parameter only lets you specify a fixed and static redirection page.

Joomla's core allows redirection of the page you were trying to access prior to logging in. Maybe I was trying to access Page A, or maybe Page B. Joomla's core is equipped to detect this, and once you login, redirect to the page you were trying to access that is protected.

My point is that CB login module doesn't appear to mimick this functionality? It is ignoring the base64 encoded URL and not redirecting to the page you were trying to access.

Testing to see what I mean is simple. Go to a private page in your website. Copy the URL. Log out of the site. Visit that URL again, and login using Joomla's core login module. You will be taken to the page you were trying to access (and the login redirection URL is correctly ignored in this case).

This seems to be core functionality that is lost when using CB login module.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126630 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Am not able to duplicate your issue, please ensure the login URL is blanked out or is #. Please also check first time login redirect within CB configuration on the Registration tab as it's possible this is the cause of your redirect. Logging in on a page other then home results in reloading back to the same page I was just on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126640 by vcardillo
Replied by vcardillo on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working
Let me ask you this:

How are you getting the CB login module to appear on pages other than your homepage? If I try and hit a URL that is Registered, and I am not logged in, the <jdoc:include type="component" /> call will display Joomla's login module--not the CB login module. So, if you're logging in with Joomla's login module, then yes, it is going to work, and you're not really testing the issue I have.

You need to try logging in with CB Login module, on a protected page other than the homepage, with the base64 URL redirect as part of the URL parameters. CB login module is not redirecting to the page you were trying to access.

And again, for Registered pages, Joomla core will display it's login box in the component call, not the CB login box, unless I am missing something.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:base64 login redirect not working

You need to try logging in with CB Login module, on a protected page other than the homepage, with the base64 URL redirect as part of the URL parameters. CB login module is not redirecting to the page you were trying to access.

Of course am using CB Login module; CB can't redirect back to the previous page because the previous page was the access not allowed error.

Joomla can redirect back to this due to how it stores return URL, Joomla stored the return URL for the page before the restricted access page.

CB stored the URL of the restricted access page. CB does not store a return URL 2 pages deep, only to its previous location.

This is why you can't redirect back to a protected page, CB doesn't have the URL of the original page; only that of the access not allowed page.

And again, for Registered pages, Joomla core will display it's login box in the component call, not the CB login box, unless I am missing something.

You need a Joomla plugin to fix this. There are a numerous amount of them that will fix just this issue on JED (please check Joomla.org). If using CBSubs then the CBSubs Bot will also fix this (Joomla plugin).

It's been discussed to have such a bot available for CB 2.0 to resolve the issue with an official plugin; however does not fix redirecting back to a restricted page of course (unless the restricted page is CB login instead of Joomlas access restricted page).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn