[SOLVED] table reaches maximum database

13 years 11 months ago #130242 by jakobe75
nothing was ignored except my code questions.
I asked several times for you to check my code as I felt it was wrong to being with.

but you said it looked fine, that was my issue for days..I was using wrongly formatted code.

once my code was corrected it was working again.
but it took me not being satisfied with the answers I was finding on the forum to start searching google.

I would ask questions regarding the errors and really wasnt getting any explanation of them, almost like they werent even being read.

So I did not ignore. I just stopped discussing it as you werent even looking at my code.

If you had been, you would have spotted the issue right away in the first few posts, when I specifically asked if the code was correct...you said it appeared to be correct.

I read the message about the PM
unfortunately I cannot allow access right now.

This issue should be addressed in more detail in the user documentation as it has existed as a nuisance for a few years now.

If the possibility of a workaround exists and has existed for a couple years..why wait till 3 versions later to implement a fix?

With the introduction of CBsubs..the amount of fields a site needs is always growing...and Many users sites will prolly outgrow the stock settings before the new version is released.

You complain that your time could be spent doing other things?

I posted my issues, I asked the questions, it was YOU who wasted your own time not reading what I wrote.

had you read it then you would have said the same thing that you said to the other guy.

"sql:text is the correct usage"

simple as that.

I paid for CBsubs..I paid for many other CB things.
and after I import about 4000+ users today I will be paying again for upgrading a license.

I think this earns me a little support time.
for issues that arent documented in the manual.

I dont like being told that I am pulling you away from other projects.

thanks

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/04/14 21:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130253 by krileon
I did review your code, but the other user made the issue more prominent. Yes this was my fault for not rereading additionally to ensure it was absolutely correct.

I was aware of this fact after your post before mine informing you to PM credentials so I may fix it for you, but my post for such credentials was completely overlooked; which would've resolved the issue entirely.

Primarily is a communication barrier. We appreciate your dedication and support to the team; for future reference please PM or Email me (from profile) when an issue becomes more pressing or forum support is not reaching an adequate goal so we can "take things to the next level".

Please review my previous post for other field changes. If you still wish me to make these changes for you then please do PM the credentials asked for earlier.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/14 21:54

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #132740 by norfolkandway
Replied by norfolkandway on topic Re:comprofiler-table reaches maximum database-fields
I too have a similar issue so I read the thread then made the changes
Text Fields
TO: sql:text
Select Fields
TO: sql:mediumtext
Email Address Fields
TO: sql:varchar(100)
Radio Fields
Web Address Fields

For me though when I ran tools (before and after xml changes) all worked with no red text/errors returned.
BUT I cannot run
Check Community Builder User Fields Database
This returns a blank white page (No errors shown) so there is no further option to repair.
url returned is 'administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=checkcbdb&databaseid=3&cbsecuritym3=cbm_0530681f_566c9348_5c07ab1263c0f6516cc85e271ef8488f
I also get a blank white page (No errors shown) when attempting to add new field
url returned is
administrator/index2.php
I have 95 fields

CB - 1.2.2
Joomla - Version 1.5.15

I can edit existing fields but not create new fields or run 'Check Community Builder User Fields Database' tool

Any ideas on how I may fix this would be most appreciated

Post edited by: norfolkandway, at: 2010/05/11 00:02

Post edited by: norfolkandway, at: 2010/05/11 00:13

What one man can do, So can another.

13 years 10 months ago #132791 by krileon
The only fix known is adjusting the fields type via database or XML and running tools for CB to perform the database changes. Blank pages do not reveal any debug information please set Debug Mode ON and Error Reporting to Maximum within Joomla Global Configuration then duplicate the issue and review on-screen errors or server error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #132810 by beat
Ok, here is the answer to this issue (until CB 2.0 comes out):

Step 0. As usual, BACKUP your site first.

Open file:

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.xml

Then, depending on the field type of which you have the most of in your CB profile, you can change their formal type as follows:

For text fields: around line 252: change:

[code:1] <field type="text" label="Text Field">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:varchar(255)" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />
<params>
[/code:1]
To e.g., if you have text fields no longer than 150 characters (UTF8 in database reserves 3 bytes per character):

[code:1] <field type="text" label="Text Field">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:varchar(150)" null="true" default="NULL" strict="true" />
<params>

Notice to switch strict to ="true" in that line, otherwise the CB database tool won't look at the type correspondence.

You can also change type="sql:varchar(255)" to type="sql:mediumtext" (64k fields but using only 4 bytes in the row) but notice that you will slow a bit all SQL queries as it's an extra disk seek per text field if not in database cache.

Then save file, and go to Tools -> Check CB fields data storage database.

Similarily for single drop-downs if you have a lot of them, you can adjust to your longest drop-down text:

around line 156:
[code:1] <field type="select" label="Drop Down (Single Select)">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:varchar(255)" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />
<params>
</params>
</field>

could be changed (if e.g. your maximum drop-down text-size is 100 chars) to:
[code:1] <field type="select" label="Drop Down (Single Select)">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:varchar(100)" null="true" default="NULL" strict="true" />
<params>
</params>
</field>

Then again CB Tools -> Check Community Builder User Fields Database and fix according to the change made.

Of course backup your changed cb.core.xml file, as that will be overwritten at each CB update, and redo your changes until we make that parameter settable per field in upcoming CB 2.0.

MySQL has a 64 kilobytes limit per row, but for varchar it reserves the maximum size, and for UTF 8 chars, as they take 3 bytes maximum, it again reserves maximum, thus 765 bytes per varchar(255), thus those errors ! Text is stored separately from the row, which then has only a 4-bytes index in it, so it doesn't take space in the row almost, but requires an extra access to fetch the data.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2010/05/12 09:39

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 10 months ago #132858 by norfolkandway
Replied by norfolkandway on topic Re:comprofiler-table reaches maximum database-fields
Hi

All works correctly in the backend - tools etc
But
front end I can now not view profiles
Following error is returne when doing so
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=SELECT `username` FROM `jos_users` WHERE `id` =
Thank you for the informative support
Uh OH what Have I done wrong?

CB - 1.2.2
Joomla - Version 1.5.15

Post edited by: norfolkandway, at: 2010/05/12 01:05

Post edited by: norfolkandway, at: 2010/05/12 01:29

What one man can do, So can another.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn