[SOLVED] gender support

14 years 3 weeks ago #128261 by chrissy6930
[SOLVED] gender support was created by chrissy6930
Hi there,

since I'm using gender support I thought to share the adjustments:

- create new field cb_gender, type dropdown(single select) with possible values Female / Male

- to make the gender specific nophoto images show up on component stuff adjust function _avatarLivePath in cb.core.php (see attached file)

- to make the gender specific nophoto images show up in plugins adjust function avatarFilePath in plugin.foundation.php (see attached file)

now once a user has set their gender the gender specific nophoto image will show on profiles, member lists and also in plugins such as CB profile book

would be neat if this could be implemented with a future release...

Attachment gender_support.zip not found

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/03 21:01
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128517 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:gender support
Thank you for your contribution, but currently have no plans for complete gender support (multiple gender photos are provided simply for usability). It's possible a feature of such sort could make it into CB 2.0, but of course no guarantee.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135533 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:gender support | auto male female photo
:-( thought this is possible in CB 1.2.2
I saw the different images in default template avatar folder.

Any earlier plans than CB 2.0 ?

13 years 10 months ago #135558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:gender support | auto male female photo

I saw the different images in default template avatar folder.

They're simply there so admins may swap out the default image.

Any earlier plans than CB 2.0 ?

No, and there is no guarantee of plans for CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135624 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:gender support | avatar portrait tab extended?
Is anyone capable of doing a modification or duplication of the avatar field? Maybe its better to add this field-check to the portrait-plugin-tab!?

I don´t know how the portrait handles the imagepath etc. hopefully it can do it, without a cb core modifiaction???

As chrissy6930 mentioned before, a multiple checkbox or selectfield CB_GENDER would be enough. The question is how this should be configured in backend? An automatic install of the necessary fields? Or should the user do this manually and then tells the plugin/field where to look for the gender?
The latter one is more flexible, if people already have such a field!

Would love to hear some thoughtsfrom other interested users ;-)

Post edited by: pepperstreet, at: 2010/06/14 18:06

13 years 7 months ago #141251 by mandropov
Replied by mandropov on topic Re:gender support
chrissy6930's solution works for me fine. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn