date format

14 years 2 weeks ago #128803 by chrissy6930
date format was created by chrissy6930
hi there ,

I'm using the date formats

%b %d, %Y and %b %d, %Y %H:%M sitewide

on J! articles
on 3rd party extensions (pms, comments, user blogs, image gallery, file repository etc)
also on plug_cbpb and mod_cbpblatest

I would therefore also like to adjust the format used on profiles / member lists bypassing config. only how? I would have thought cb.menu.php being the right place to look at.
only function getMenuAndStatus (line 1423)is commented out
if it wasn't eg for last online I could have adjusted
$dat = cbFormatDate( $user->lastvisitDate, 1, $showtime );
for
$dat = _old_cbFormatDate( $user->lastvisitDate, "%b %d, %Y %H:%M" );

could somebody please point out to me how to get there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128919 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:date format
Date format can be changed via CB Configuration on the General tab; we do not support core edits, but the date function can be found within comprofiler.class.php within the administrative files of Community Builder component.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133877 by AHouston
Replied by AHouston on topic Re:date format
Hi chrissy, were you able to apply this custom format? I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I was able to add a new option for the date in the configuration manager, but have no idea what to do with the dateConverter function.

13 years 6 months ago #144042 by Ocliw
Replied by Ocliw on topic Re:date format
When you set Date format in configuration dd-mm-yyyy and all the other ones it displays wrong on site and modules.

I set my date format to dd-mm-yyyy and in all the modules it displays yyyy-mm-dd also in mod_cbcontent

Even if I change the for example registerDate field to fulldate and date only it doesn't display the rightway but displays yyyy-mm-dd 20:30:37

Where or what do I have to do before date is the same all through CB????

13 years 6 months ago #144075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:date format

Where or what do I have to do before date is the same all through CB????

It already is, you likely have caching in place or you've edited the field to display differently. All dates use the CB date API function, but not all use the configuration parameter. Some locations have their own formats. Same applies to substitutions; some will output raw data from the database instead of formatted such as [cb_field] displays formatted.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/14 22:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds