Adding database columns in user mngmnt

13 years 11 months ago #130175 by human177
Adding database columns in user mngmnt was created by human177
Hi,

So I'm not a professional but I do have some basic PHP - MySQL 'googleknowledge'. Google didn't help this time though, so here goes. What I would like is...

...to add a field to the user which also shows in the User Management tab view in the backend.

I understand the data shown in the User Management corresponds to some jos_comprofiler table embedded in the Joomla database. If this table happens to register all fields specified under Field Management (didn't check really :P ), that would help already.

But even so, I'm supposed to make it easy to use for the membership administration so I can't send them those database files either. They need both a username, name and ID in one row.

Should this be possible with CBSubs, do tell because I'm going to purchase it anyway. Otherwise, could someone help me with some PHP wizardry?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130238 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Adding database columns in user mngmnt
CBSubs does indeed add a new column to User Management, so yes it is doable (no CBSubs isn't needed nor does it provide this functionality). You need to develop a new CB plugin which utilizes CB triggers. Please see tutorials in signature for a list of available triggers, their usage, and an example. Best of luck. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130402 by human177
Replied by human177 on topic Re:Adding database columns in user mngmnt
I don't really get the triggercode yet to pull this off though. :pinch:

But you are confusing me on CBSubs. So it adds a new column which suits my need for a separate ID, but it doesn't provide the option to add new columns to user management?

Right now, I'm leaning to an integration between excel and other statistical administrative software which can extract and sort the info stored in the jos_comprofiler. But there should be an easier way than having to go to the SQL backend every time just for a user management system in which old member ID's need to be preserved...

Perhaps a way to change the [user_id] of the users?

13 years 11 months ago #130459 by krileon

But you are confusing me on CBSubs. So it adds a new column which suits my need for a separate ID, but it doesn't provide the option to add new columns to user management?

No, CBSubs creates a new column called "Subscriptions". I was merely using this as an example that is IS doable.

Right now, I'm leaning to an integration between excel and other statistical administrative software which can extract and sort the info stored in the jos_comprofiler. But there should be an easier way than having to go to the SQL backend every time just for a user management system in which old member ID's need to be preserved...

Perhaps a way to change the [user_id] of the users?

Whatever you decide to implement is up to you. Developing a new plugin is the easiest and best approach to creating the additional column, but it WILL take trial and error with using CB Triggers and it will take extensive testing and possible time if new to CB API usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146037 by sagit
Replied by sagit on topic Re:Adding database columns in user mngmnt
I added new column under User mang. You have to add small code in to controller/controller.users.php and view/view.users.php. If anybody want do it I can send a this files.

13 years 4 months ago #146047 by krileon
sagit wrote:

I added new column under User mang. You have to add small code in to controller/controller.users.php and view/view.users.php. If anybody want do it I can send a this files.

Core edits aren't necessary as both those locations have triggers to do this that can be utilized in a new CB plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn