[SOLVED] Login redirect

13 years 10 months ago #136271 by jameso
Replied by jameso on topic Re:Login redirect
This sounds like exactly what I am trying to do as well.
What users are having to do in the mean time is click on an email link, then login, then click on the email link again (opening a second page) to access the restricted page on the site.

I'm don't profess to be a coding guru, but surely there must be a way of passing an initial URL into an $IntitalURL parameter to feed through post login?

Anyone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #136275 by karlja
Replied by karlja on topic Re:Login redirect
Hi jameso,

you should have a look at this thread, as it is about the same topic and offers a solution: here

Regards,
Karlja

Post edited by: karlja, at: 2010/06/22 09:07

13 years 9 months ago #136665 by jameso
Replied by jameso on topic Re:[SOLVED] Login redirect
Hi Karlja,

I changed the mod_cblogin.php file as mentioned in that thread but have had no luck.

Was there anything else I may have incorrectly configured?

Thanks, James.

13 years 9 months ago #137931 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:[SOLVED] Login redirect
Did anyone else get this to work also? I'm in desperate need of this as well - I've got a bunch of physicians that receive an email with a link to a forum post that when they click on, they get prompted to type in their login credentials which is fine, but when they do so, they're just taken to the login page. At which point, they curse, and close the browser. :/

13 years 9 months ago #138164 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[SOLVED] Login redirect
CB is not responsible for disabling and redirecting from other integrations login or registration procedures. You should consult with the developers for potential integration to CB or develop a Joomla plugin to perform the redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #138169 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:[SOLVED] Login redirect
I'm not sure I understand...

I'm just talking about how CB effects the stock Joomla behavior of redirecting to the original correct URL upon login for registered users. There's no additional integrations at work here...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn