Account Numbers

13 years 11 months ago #130282 by rudievs
Account Numbers was created by rudievs
Hello,
i've been googling and searching forums here, but so far no luck, hopefully someone here can better assist me.

i've installed Community Builder 1.2.2, but need to get a custom user ID or account number.
so basically, if a customer registers on the site, he is assigned a number (ABC001 for example) and the following registration get ABC002 .... ABC003 and so forth! but this needs to be done automatically and be able to export in the csv file.

Please help!!
Thanx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130309 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Account Numbers
Exporting users will be the easy task as you can use CB Juice to export a CSV of your users. However, the field you're needing does not exist in CB. You'll need to create a new fieldtype plugin or just a new plugin all together that utilizes CB triggers for onAfterUserRegistration to generate and store to database the number. Please see tutorials in signature for further information on trigger usage. You may also see document subscriber available ajax text field or file field plugins for fieldtype plugin examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130420 by rudievs
Replied by rudievs on topic Re:Account Numbers
OK, i'm reading your words but it's just confusing me more ... instead of editing/adding to the CB core, isn't there a way to utilize the "username" side of it to do what i want? ie autogenerate the next available "account number" and use that?

13 years 11 months ago #130423 by rudievs
... or even, if a reference number can be created that is unique to the user upon registration?

will that be easier solution?

13 years 11 months ago #130455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Account Numbers
No, what you need is a new fieldtype (like text, integer, radio, etc...) that will allow creation of a field in Field Management that does exactly what you're needing. What you're wanting is not provided by CB out of the box.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130583 by rudievs
OK, thanx for all the info thus far ...
do i need to implement coding like "unique id" or something?
what and where should the coding go?
can you please give me example??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds