[SOLVED] SQL error when checking Users table

14 years 3 days ago #130431 by ThePiston
I just installed 1.2.2 over top of 1.2.1 and ran the "Check Users Database" tool and received this error along with everything else being green. Is this a real problem?

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2010/04/16 18:23

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/19 19:31

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 days ago #130465 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SQL error when checking Users table
It's a minor issue, but should be fixed none the less. This means you have 2 different collations for the tables being joined. As rule of thumb all of Joomla should be 1 collation. Please contact your host for assistance on how to adjust this (typically navigating to the table in question in phpmyadmin and clicking the Operations tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 days ago #130468 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:SQL error when checking Users table
I can fix it - what table and how do I do it?

**edit** _ went to the DB and the Utilities tab - I pressed GO next to the Collation area and it was successful but I still get that error. I guess I need to do more?

**edit2** ok I found thta my jos_user table was using utf8_unicode_ci instead of utf8_general_ci and I can fix that. Any idea how what happend? This DB was transferred from one host to another the other day.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2010/04/16 22:51

14 years 3 days ago #130471 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:SQL error when checking Users table
ThePiston wrote:

**edit2** ok I found thta my jos_user table was using utf8_unicode_ci instead of utf8_general_ci and I can fix that. Any idea how what happend? This DB was transferred from one host to another the other day.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2010/04/16 22:51

Guess you answered your own question.

The transfer process caused this.

14 years 3 days ago #130473 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:SQL error when checking Users table
I just set both jos_users and jos_core_acl_aro to "utf8_general_c". I was looking at other Joomla tables and noticed some are using "latin1_swedish_ci" - will that be a problem in other areas of Joomla?

14 years 5 hours ago #130661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SQL error when checking Users table
ThePiston wrote:

I just set both jos_users and jos_core_acl_aro to "utf8_general_c". I was looking at other Joomla tables and noticed some are using "latin1_swedish_ci" - will that be a problem in other areas of Joomla?

Not likely; not all tables need to have same collation, but if a table is joined with say INNER JOIN via query then the collations should match or it could cause problems for the query in question.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn