[SOLVED] Terms and Conditions Broken in IE

14 years 4 days ago #130807 by GoremanX
I've only tried this with IE8, not IE7 or IE6.

On the registration page, if I have "Enable Terms & Conditions" turned on and the user adds a checkmark to indicate that he accepts the Terms and Conditions, the user still gets the warning that he must accept the Terms and Conditions and it's impossible to register.

This does not happen in Firefox. Everything works as intended there.

I'm using the standard CB registration component from CB 1.2.2 on Joomla 1.5.15. I also have CBSubs 1.03 installed, although it currently isn't setup to do anything.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/23 21:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 days ago #130971 by krileon
Could not duplicate your results. Please see help us help you within my signature for debug procedures. Need further information about your installation and server. Please check error console to ensure you do not have any fatal JS errors as this could cause the JS checking to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 days ago #131037 by GoremanX
I tried reverting to the standard Joomla template and the problem disappeared. Apparently my template is the culprit, but I can't figure out how. I'll have to ask over at RocketThemes I guess... :(

13 years 10 months ago #134043 by mikebosh
Hi

have you sorted this problem with Rockettheme template

Thanks
Mike

13 years 10 months ago #134044 by GoremanX
Yes, try adding '#acceptedterms' and '#cbcheckedadminForm' to the styling exclusions in the template configuration screen of the Joomla backend.

13 years 8 months ago #139639 by andrewm57
Replied by andrewm57 on topic Re:[SOLVED] Terms and Conditions Broken in IE
Perfect answer!!!

I tested my CB 1.2.3 + J1.5.18 site + a RocketTheme template site in FireFox/Safari on Mac, and FireFox on WinXP-SP3. All's well.

But my users can't register due to Terms & Conditions not working. I test in IE8/XP, and no go. Add the exclusions below, and voila.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn