[SOLVED] Users cannot edit their profiles

13 years 11 months ago #133144 by angelicrevolt
[SOLVED] Users cannot edit their profiles was created by angelicrevolt
Just was running through site making sure everything was cool and found an issue i have never come across.

Running CB 1.2.2 and CBsubs 1.03, J 1.5.15

When a registered user attempts to edit profile, they receive "You cannot edit a `Registered`. Only higher-level users have this power." Acces is set to "everybody"

When a admin/moderator attempts to edit their own profile, they receive "Warning: you are about to edit a Unnamed user's Details" and all user info fields are empty, even though their info is still in the backend.

Still happens when Menu Tab is set to standard CB permissions.

I am very limited on time so if you have any direction before I spend a day unpublishing plugins one by one. it would be greatly appreciated.

All tools check out green except for 4 plugins that show no connection to database. I unpublished them but no effect.

Thank you,

AR

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/17 21:56
The topic has been locked.
13 years 11 months ago #133145 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
Make sure all your plugins and tabs are published public.

Run CB tool checks.
13 years 11 months ago #133146 by angelicrevolt
Replied by angelicrevolt on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
Hi Nant,

Thank you for the quick reply. I did have several tabs set to registered, and changed to everybody, ran tools, cleared cache.

Unfortunately problem persists. I recently installed Joomfish. Ever had a problem with that before?

Thank you,

AR
13 years 11 months ago #133148 by angelicrevolt
Replied by angelicrevolt on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
to update, I have unpublished all cb plugins except for menu, templates, and core and changed every permission in cbsubs and cb to "everybody".

still no love

Post edited by: angelicrevolt, at: 2010/05/15 21:22
13 years 11 months ago #133149 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
angelicrevolt wrote:

to update, I have unpublished all cb plugins except for menu, templates, and core and changed every permission in cbsubs and cb to "everybody".

still no love

Post edited by: angelicrevolt, at: 2010/05/15 21:22

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.
13 years 11 months ago #133151 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Users cannot edit their profiles
Also check if you have any previous third-party ACL-hack or other third-party hacks or joomla plugin leftovers installed.

I would recommend overwriting with same joomla version than installed one (do not upgrade to 1.5.16/17 because of bugs) (of course remove installation directory) and same just install over without uninstalling CB 1.2.2. Just to make sure joomla or CB hacks are out of the picture before hunting further.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn