[SOLVED] Two Login Forms - still

13 years 11 months ago #133347 by Uther
[SOLVED] Two Login Forms - still was created by Uther
Hi,

I have been searching for days and still not found an answer to this problem, which seems to be a common one.

I have a members-only site with a simple CB login on the home page. The Joomla login module has been disabled. This works fine most of the time but when the user is timed out, or when she enters an invalid userid/password, a Joomla login form appears on the home page.

See the attached image which illustrates the problem. Usually only the CB login form appears on the right.

I have tried various suggestions, including installation of a login-redirection plugin posted to these forums but nothing has worked.

I have given up all hope of finding a simple solution to this. Can anyone point me to where, in the Joomla code, I can hack out this particular instance where the Joomla login insists on making an appearance.

Post edited by: Uther, at: 2010/05/18 15:03

Post edited by: Uther, at: 2010/05/18 15:03

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/20 16:42

Uther Parx
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133349 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
Both logins appear to be Joomla login; at any rate this is not something CB handles, it's not possible to completely get rid of the Joomla login as that is the login PAGE, it's a fallback page. You will need a Joomla plugin that will detect this page is present and redirect to CBs login page. There are many such plugins on joomla.org extensions directory that will be more then sufficient at doing the redirect. Please note those using CBSubs this is automatically handled by CBSubs bot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133389 by Uther
Replied by Uther on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still

Both logins appear to be Joomla login;

Nope. The one on the right is from mod_cblogin. The one on the left is from I know not where - mod_login has supposedly been disabled.

You will need a Joomla plugin that will detect this page is present and redirect to CBs login page. There are many such plugins on joomla.org extensions directory that will be more then sufficient at doing the redirect.

Well I tried a couple of these and they didn't work - including a file posted by someone on these forums who had modified one of these plugins to do this specific job.

I have given up with plugins. I am hoping that some kind person with in-depth knowledge can point me to where I can hack this "fallback page login" out of the code.

I appreciate that this isn't a CB problem. It's a Joomla problem which is being commonly experienced by CB users. I hope someone can get to the bottom of it since it's making our home pages look tacky.

Post edited by: Uther, at: 2010/05/18 18:48

Uther Parx

13 years 11 months ago #133404 by Uther
BTW.

I went to a site where I am a member, which is produced by a professional company and which uses CB.

If I enter an invalid userid, guess what? Up come two login forms just like at my site.

Then I had another thought. What about joomlapolis.com?

I logged out of here and entered some rubbish as userid. Up came two login forms! OK, one is nicely placed, and formatted differently, at the top of the page but there are still two of them.

Hah!

Uther Parx

13 years 11 months ago #133406 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
That login form you see is the Joomla login form presented when restricted access is requested by someone not logged in. There are plugins available from the Joomla extentions site to redirect to the CB login form. Dont want to see the two forms? Ensure the CB Module is not published to that page.

Other options were recently disussed here

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

13 years 11 months ago #133412 by Uther
ckayfish wrote:

Dont want to see the two forms? Ensure the CB Module is not published to that page.

That wouldn't work because, under normal conditions, there would then be NO login form on the home page! Normally there is just one login form - the CB Login.

The additional Joomla login form only pops up under exceptional circumstances, like an invalid userid or a timeout.

I tried the hack mentioned in the post you pointed me to but that little bugger still kept popping up.

Can anyone point me to where, in the base Joomla code, this additional instance of the Login Form is generated?

Uther Parx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn