[#1651] "Session expired - enable cookies" issue

13 years 11 months ago #133827 by beginnerCB
I get the following error message when I try to log on to my site - usually around 11:00 pm EST -
"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

I am not sure of the cause of this, but I thought that I would try here first. I have researched this error and have found several threads for this problem, but no concrete reason for it or a solution to it. If there is one, I apologize as I have not found it yet.

Please let me know if you have reasons and/or solutions that I can implement.

I am running Joomla 1.5.15, CB 1.2.2 and CBsubs 1.0.3 . This is a new installation and I am a noobie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/12 16:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133833 by rogerbaker
Replied by rogerbaker on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
Sounds crazy, but I am having the same issue this evening. I will check again tomorrow AM. Joomla 1.15, CB 1.2.2, no CB subs, about a year's experience with CB. This installation just suddenly started doing this, really surprised me, I have a key CB member who I can no longer update through the backend. Awkward!

Will post again.

-Roger

13 years 11 months ago #133869 by beginnerCB
Replied by beginnerCB on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
OK, I will compare any notes or findings that I come up with. Since you do not have CBsubs, I will limit my investigation to Joomla and CB. Hopefully somebody has resolved this and can enlighten me with the cause and solution.

13 years 11 months ago #133893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
We can't find a direct cause of this issue; CB does not suddenly "timebomb" or stop working. Something has changed on your installation or your server to cause this. More then likely is a conflicting 3rd party extension however some hosts server configurations can cause issues as bottom line is PHP does handle the sessions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133993 by beginnerCB
Replied by beginnerCB on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
Nothing has changed during the day to cause this error to happen. Everything works fine all day long and then regularly and like clock work, this message appears and it a problem.
I have read other threads that describe the same thing - some of them from several months ago that describe the identical symptoms - so I know that I am not losing my mind or seeing something that is not there.
I am not sure where to turn on this or what to try.

13 years 10 months ago #134335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:"Session expired - enable cookies" issue
If you walk away from the computer while still logged in and your session timeout time is reached it WILL cause this upon next page refresh. It's simply a security measure that expires timed out users (without it sessions would never expire properly). Joomla will do the same exact thing (of course with Joomlas own message).

It's also possible that during those times your host is scheduling server resets or something of the sort which will of course expire all sessions. This is actually rather typical if using ANY shared host package (not all do scheduled daily resets, some do weekly, monthly, etc...).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/31 15:32

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn