[SOLVED] Some troubles with CB

13 years 9 months ago #134869 by damagro
[SOLVED] Some troubles with CB was created by damagro
I have a brand new installation of Joomla and Community Builder on my website.

I got a few problems with Community Builder on my website:

Info:
Url to general website: bit.ly/aVZtZS
Using CB 1.2.2 with CB Subs 1.0.3

1. If you'r browsing in on a 'CB page' for example, the userlist page ( bit.ly/9nRBG1 ). If you want to choose another submenu item (for example: uitgaansagenda->morgen) you are not able to see the submenu-items. But if you're browsing the frontpage you are able to see those submenu's?

2. I made a menu item linked to my profile page. If menu item is enabled, and I am logged in, and I click this menu item, I am not able to go to my own page?

3. On the profile pages of CB I used Luna as tab template. I got some troubles with the tab titles: bit.ly/a5FdQW As you can see the tab titles won't display correctly. I tried to fix those titles to edit the .css. I have edited the following in the .css file:

[code:1].dynamic-tab-pane-control h2.tab {
text-align: center;
width: auto;[/code:1]

But nothing will work :(

My apologize for my bad English.. Hopefully it's you can understand it. :lol:

Post edited by: damagro, at: 2010/06/06 12:59

Post edited by: damagro, at: 2010/06/06 13:03

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/09 21:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Some troubles with CB

1. If you'r browsing in on a 'CB page' for example, the userlist page (bit.ly/9nRBG1). If you want to choose another submenu item (for example: uitgaansagenda->morgen) you are not able to see the submenu-items. But if you're browsing the frontpage you are able to see those submenu's?

The JS for your drop-down menu is failing because of a Fatal error.

[code:1]
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'overlay' - /templates/clublife/media/js/scripts.js:4
[/code:1]

Once addressed as necessary (appears to be related to your template, please consult its developer). Your menu should then work properly at all locations.

2. I made a menu item linked to my profile page. If menu item is enabled, and I am logged in, and I click this menu item, I am not able to go to my own page?

What menu link? It should be index.php?option=com_comprofiler or index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile. Either one will take you to your profile. What happens when it doesn't go to your own page? Blank screen? Error?

3. On the profile pages of CB I used Luna as tab template. I got some troubles with the tab titles: bit.ly/a5FdQW As you can see the tab titles won't display correctly. I tried to fix those titles to edit the .css. I have edited the following in the .css file:

Don't understand what the issue is. I don't see anything wrong with the tabs. Please clarify what the issue is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134973 by damagro
Replied by damagro on topic Re:Some troubles with CB
Thanks for your reply.
The problem with the tabs I will illustrate due the follwing screenshot:

File Attachment:

The text of the tabs won't display correctly.

I've send my developer an email to solve the .js problem ;)

Post edited by: damagro, at: 2010/06/07 20:35

13 years 9 months ago #134989 by krileon
Possibly a database storage issue. I suggest using language strings then translating those strings in your language file. Example as follows.

Tab Title:
_MY_TAB_1

Language String:
define( '_MY_TAB_1', 'Tab 1' );

Using the above method circumvents database storage issues. Some database collations or whatever the case won't stored correctly. It's also possible CB is cleaning the titles for security purposes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #135049 by damagro
Replied by damagro on topic Re:Some troubles with CB
Thanks for your reply.
What exactly do I have to change to solve this problem?

13 years 9 months ago #135098 by krileon
damagro wrote:

Thanks for your reply.
What exactly do I have to change to solve this problem?

Sorry I don't know. If you can provide the strings the tabs titles are supposed to be can perform tests for my self and confirm if there is an issue within CB or if it's an issue with your database. However if using the language string DOES work then it is a problem with storage in your database. Possible if CB is cleaning too much before storing? Won't know without the strings you're attempting to use.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn