CB set up issue

13 years 9 months ago #135276 by MRL
CB set up issue was created by MRL
Im sure this have been talked about in mane cases here but i just can find it, so my appologies in advance for double post.

I get this message when trying to install CB.
Components/CB/Tools:
In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

Please note that im a newbie in Joomla system so could someone explain how i can make a menu item present?, and published with public access?

This menu system in Joomla is whats bugging me most to get the flow on the website ut as far i have heard until now, that is the most important thing to know working with Joomla so will try to look on some videos on youtube..:-)
But could someone please advice me how to go further meanwhile?

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #135384 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB set up issue
You need to add a CB public and published menu link to Joomlas menu or CB will not be able to operate properly. You will need to first add a new menu if you do not have a menu available. If you do you can then add a new menu item for CB. I recommend review Joomlas documentation found here for further information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #135419 by MRL
Replied by MRL on topic Re:CB set up issue
Thanx for that info, it helped me to go through and create a menu and have also in "extensions/module manager" enabled it.

But still, when i now go to:
Components/Community Builder/Tools
I still get the same message:

img155.imageshack.us/img155/1693/cbproblem.png

Is there some other step i need to do before i can start configuring the site?

regards

13 years 9 months ago #135440 by krileon
Please PM Joomla backend login credentials and will take a look when time permits. I don't know how much further to describe it. Your CB mandatory menu link is missing according to the check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #135554 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and as suspected you were missing the Joomla menu link to CB. This is explained in the document subscription available documentation, the installation PDF guide, and the readme text file. Please review what resources are available to you. I have created this menu link for you on the Users menu. It must remain published and public.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 9 months ago #135561 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB set up issue
I would also like to know how we can make the install pdf even clearer, so please tell me what you didn't understand.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds