Cannot SAVE new user in backend User Management

13 years 9 months ago #136197 by evancelt
Hello. I am using CB 1.22 and Joomla 1.5.17 Stable

I can register new users from the frontend, but when I go to add a new user from the admin backend in CB's User Management, the SAVE button doesn't do anything. When you click it the URL changes to index2.php#save but no action takes place.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136221 by krileon
This generally means you've a Joomla system plugin that has JS which is conflicting with CBs JS or you've a CB plugin installed that has conflicting JS. Please disable CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved. I recommend attempting to duplicate the issue with debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum within Joomla global configuration to see if there are any on-screen errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136224 by evancelt
I tried disabling all CB plugins (except CORE) and that didn't seem to solve the problem. What should I be looking for under debug? Looks like all of the queries were successful.

When I performed a search of the CB forums about this problem, others suggested that the 'params' field was no published. It IS published in my case.

Thanks again. Any more ideas?

13 years 9 months ago #136237 by krileon
Please check Joomla system plugins as well, not just CB plugins. If you've a custom backend template please change to default backend template. There is a conflict of some sort coming from somewhere. Reviewing your BROWSERS error console will help reveal what the JS error is and if there really is one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136622 by evancelt
With some searching I've found an error that happens when I click the save button. See attached "error.txt" for more info. The post was breaking when I tried to insert it as CODE.

Doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to open up the CB code and hardwire a new submit button to submit the mysql update.

Thanks
Evan

Attachment error-c99d08336b6b4b3efd0275882c89dfcd.txt not found

Attachments:

13 years 8 months ago #136729 by krileon
The JS looks correct. Is your username field missing? The error is basically saying the username field can't be found. Did you edit the core? Was the field removed somehow?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn