[SOLVED] Execute a function before registration

13 years 8 months ago #136805 by matej@greatesst.com
[SOLVED] Execute a function before registration was created by matej@greatesst.com
Hi,

I want to insert a function which uses CUrL to check a field when registration button is clicked i.e before saving into the database. Please tell me which files I should be editing to achieve this.

I got to know that I need a new plugin for this, but please guide me through the exact procedure.

Thank you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/18 21:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #136818 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Execute a function before registration
You'd need to develop a plugin using the onBeforeUserRegistration process. We can not help you with this, sorry. You'll need to contact a contract developer if not capable of doing this your self. I recommend reviewing many of the widely available plugins to give you a starting point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137081 by matej@greatesst.com
Replied by matej@greatesst.com on topic Re:Execute a function before registration
Where are the plugins available? I am not able to find them.

I assume this plugin should go into comprofiler.php. tell me if I am wrong.

13 years 8 months ago #137083 by nant
matej@greatesst.com wrote:

Where are the plugins available? I am not able to find them.

I assume this plugin should go into comprofiler.php. tell me if I am wrong.

Plugins do no fo into core code - that would defeat the purpose.

CB plugins are clean integrations that are installed vis CB Plugin Manager backend and extend CB operations or add new functionality to CB without compromising its code. This way when future CB releases are produced cleanly coded CB plugins will continue to work.

Old hello world plugin tutorials can be seen here:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/category/5/26/37/

Old plugin API documentation can be downlopaded here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,16/Itemid,36/

A new API document is being prepared and will be released when ready. In the meantime you can study the above information and also see the carious existing plugins available to CB Documentation subscribers.

13 years 4 months ago #146623 by snappy59
I would like to hire a developer to implement a similar custom field validation that redirects based on the result, probably using the "onBeforeUserRegistration".

Can someone suggest a directory or similar to find a CB developer?

13 years 4 months ago #146639 by krileon
snappy59 wrote:

I would like to hire a developer to implement a similar custom field validation that redirects based on the result, probably using the "onBeforeUserRegistration".

Can someone suggest a directory or similar to find a CB developer?

Recommend posting in the 3rd party boards for new development requests or placing an order on a site such as joomlancers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn