[SOLVED] Problem with SEO and CB login module

13 years 8 months ago #138648 by Samsam1
Hi to you all,
I have a problem with my Joomlas SEO setting and the CB login module. I know ia a well known issue, and I red very much about it. Unfortunatly none of the discussion which I red around in forums has given me the solution. Many where sayng to change the code, in the comprofiler.php or mod_cblogin.php... but a lot of people where sayng different things, but which one is the solution?

I have a 1.5.15 Joomla version
CB 1.2.2
which are running in a server with php 5.2.13
I dont use third party plugin for SEO

In the bcack control panel of joomla I set the three option of SEO configuration in (friendly URL)NO, (mod, rewrite)YES and (I don't remember how exactly is called the last)YES. When the settings is like this everything works fine, but when I put on YES also the "friendly URL" the CB module goes crazy and it give me error 401 what eever i press: login, logout, lost password, etc... the entire internet site works properly only the CB module it stop from working. For example in logging out tt give me this message
"The requested URL /logout.html was not found on this server."

Can someone help with this issue??
Thanks in advance for your help

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/30 21:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138690 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem with SEO and CB login module

I have a 1.5.15 Joomla version

You're 5 releases out of date. Please upgrade to 1.5.20.

CB 1.2.2

You're 1 release out of date. Please upgrade to 1.2.3.

Can someone help with this issue??

Please ensure you've renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess and perform the following configuration.

Search Engine Friendly URLs: YES
Use Apache mod_rewrite: YES
Add suffix to URLs: NO

Once done please confirm if working or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138727 by Samsam1
Replied by Samsam1 on topic Re:Problem with SEO and CB login module
I did all the setting and upgraded eveything like you said... still the same problem. The internet site it's ok, but when I try to do anything with the CB login module it send me to 401 with mistake that there is no thie URL in the server....:angry:

Helpppppppppp plsssssssss

Thankyou very much

13 years 8 months ago #138773 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you, disable SEO. Your host may not be rewriting URLs correctly. You've provided no URLs, no screenshots, no links. Not sure how you expect help with no information provided. See help us help you within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138913 by amvx86
Replied by amvx86 on topic Re:Problem with SEO and CB login module
Hey buddy,

In the SEO settings try using options:

YES
NO
YES

This seemed to help me. Make sure your .htaccess has the right settings. If not, it's a hell. I tested this off-line and not on production. I might throw it in a folder and test live tonight see what happens before migrating over to the full version. Hope this helps.

Regards,
./x86

13 years 8 months ago #138936 by krileon
Always ensure your host has the proper modules and PHP configuration to support your localhost development. Most localhosts use very up to date versions which may cause code to not work on your live environment.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn