Some users cannot logout

13 years 8 months ago #138836 by finton
Some users cannot logout was created by finton
Recently some of my users have been experiencing an issue where they get stuck and cannot logout. When they attempt to logout the screen simply refreshes and they are right back where they started (staring at CB login module that show them still logged in).

So I have spent a week looking around trying to figure out what the issue is. At one point I was able to replicate this (not sure how I did) and finally I was able to log myself out by deleting one of my cookies. It has to be Joomla or CB related because it is created upon login.

Here is some of the pertinent info that may help identify the problem.

On my main page I have the mod_cblogin module displayed. I also have a link in my top menu to the optional CB login page menu item. So ultimately there are two paths a user can take to login. They can simply login through the module on the main page or click on the menu link and login through the CB login page.

I currently have SEF turned on. When I turned it off I noticed that the logout and login buttons point to different links depending on if you're logging in via the module or the CB login page. From the module, the link for the logout button is set to www.fireleague.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout while the same logout button on the CB profile page is www.fireleague.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout&Itemid=29

Is that normal for the login module not to show the Itemid? Is it bad practice to provide these two mechanisms to my users for logging into and out of the system?

I'm grasping at straws right now. I cannot figure out why some of my users seem to have a problem logging out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Some users cannot logout
Please upgrade to CB 1.2.3, the login module missing Itemids has been resolved already. After upgrading please confirm if issue is still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn