Turning off member email notifications?

13 years 6 months ago #143895 by nant
Well, one quick method would be to put fake email addresses for the users you don't want to receive any notifications. This way you can right away stop any communication with these users, no matter what extension would be involved.

To add such a feature to profilebook plugin would involve code changes.

The other extensions you mentioned have nothing to do with CB (Docman, SOBI) so they would also need to be modified as well.

Sorry, CB was not designed to be a CRM.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143940 by ozziemate
Replied by ozziemate on topic Re:Turning off member email notifications?
Thanks,
Is there a script page devoted to CB user notifications?

if so can you tell me what that script page is called and where to find it?
If I need to go to the Joomla files please indicate this to be the case...

13 years 6 months ago #143971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Turning off member email notifications?
We do not support core edits and can not advise you on them. You'll need to review this for your self. As Nick stated CB is not designed how you intend to use it and will require heavy modifications as well as to Joomla and your many other extensions. Perhaps continuing to search for something more suitable to your needs would be best advised.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn