Default Joomla login module works, but not CB?

13 years 5 months ago #144823 by megana
Hi there, I'm using CB 1.2.2 and Joomla 1.5.15. Everything is working great except...

I tried to import a bunch of new users (via JFusion), but when I try to log in with the CB login module, it says invalid username/password. If I enable the default Joomla login module and try to log in with that, it works fine...and THEN the CB login module will work for that user. (Users that already existed and were not part of the import still work normally.)

Any idea what might be causing this? I don't really want to force all of my users to log in with the default login module to 'activate' their accounts.

I did run the "Synchronize Users" from CB tools, and it updated all my imported users, but apparently that wasn't enough. I also tried looking in my database and comparing a working user to a non-working one in the comprofiler table, but no differences jumped out at me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144832 by krileon

Hi there, I'm using CB 1.2.2 and Joomla 1.5.15. Everything is working great except...

You're out of date. Please upgrade to CB 1.2.3 and Joomla 1.5.21. Your Joomla being so far out of date is a massive security vulnerability. Once upgraded please confirm if issue persists. If issue persists after upgrade please see Help Us Help You within my signature and reply here with the results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144840 by megana
Yes, I'm aware of that. ;) We plan to upgrade soon, but the situation with this site is complicated and we urgently need to get the imported users working before taking the time for anything else. Can you just tell me if there's anything that may cause this reaction, where users don't work with the CB login module until after they've logged in with the default login module?

13 years 5 months ago #144878 by krileon

where users don't work with the CB login module until after they've logged in with the default login module?

The users weren't created correctly or imported correctly. They've likely missing data in _comprofiler causing them to not be found. Try running CB tools to synchronize your users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144936 by megana
megana wrote:

I did run the "Synchronize Users" from CB tools, and it updated all my imported users, but apparently that wasn't enough. I also tried looking in my database and comparing a working user to a non-working one in the comprofiler table, but no differences jumped out at me.

Yep that was the first thing I tried.

Hm, is there a guide anywhere for manually importing users into Joomla/CB? Maybe I can compare and see if everything really looks ok in the database.

13 years 4 months ago #145064 by krileon
Best approach is to review the documentation, there's no other guide that I am aware of for creation of users. The main problem is as follows.

I tried to import a bunch of new users (via JFusion)

This isn't compatible with CB. CB Juice is the only known mass import/export I am aware of that is compatible with CB. If possible try purging your database and re-importing with CB Juice.

Yep that was the first thing I tried.

Right, but were all other tools (aside from sample data) ran to check other tables?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.018 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn