[SOLVED] Manage Connections

13 years 5 months ago #145403 by TheIBFA
[SOLVED] Manage Connections was created by TheIBFA
I'm experiencing what seems to be a new problem accepting connection requests. The user receives the automated system message stating they have a pending connection request. The bottom of the message shows a "Manage Connections" link. The problem is when that link is clicked, a new window opens that states "You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to log in."

I'm not sure when the problem started, but I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that new users were no longer being automatically connected to key users, although that's still enabled in the CB Auto Welcome plugin.

Accepting connection requests still work just fine when done through the profile page

I haven't added any new modules, etc to the site around the time this problem started. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Joomla 1.5.21
UddeIM 2.1/stable
CB 1.2.3

Post edited by: TheIBFA, at: 2010/11/02 22:53

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/15 20:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145506 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Manage Connections
You're using 1.2.3, why post in 1.2.2 boards. Please be more mindful of the location you are posting. Onto your issue.

Please see help us help you within my signature for debug procedures. You may have a conflict. I can't comment on the link without the link; please provide the connect URL seen in the PM (you may edit the domain out of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146230 by TheIBFA
Replied by TheIBFA on topic Re:Manage Connections
Thanks for your reply and apologies for accidentally posting in the wrong board. To anyone else having this problem:

Before you spend hours doing all the "help me help you" steps, maybe 1st check to see if there is newer version of Joomla?

After I upgraded from 1.5.21 to 1.5.22, this problem seemed to have gone away.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn