how to hide languages fields from "edit my profile

13 years 5 months ago #145511 by lmarot
Hello,

I can't find how to hide some legacy fields in "edit your details" page

I don't want a user be able to edit fields such as language or User Editor fields

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145530 by krileon
If using CB 1.2.2 please upgrade to CB 1.2.3, you're out of date. If already up to date please keep mind where you are posting as this is 1.2.2 boards. Onto your issue. Navigate to CB configuration then on the user profile tab set the parameter Allow user to edit his CMS parameters in frontend to No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145555 by lmarot
sorry for misunderstanding there are only four parameters i dont want a user be able to edit:
- languages
- user editor
- help site

(i currently can edit them - have a look at the attached doc)
Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #145596 by krileon
It's all or nothing as they are all a part of the user parameters field. Am not aware of any method to individually hide them aside from using CSS to set their display to none.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145598 by lmarot
weird :-(
so how is made that page on joomlapolis ?

i can see/edit editor but not languages

Post edited by: lmarot, at: 2010/11/05 18:37
Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #145623 by krileon
Sorry, I don't know. I don't have access to Joomlapolis source and Joomlapolis features many many core edits for the security and customization of Joomlapolis.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn