Password Auto Generate Custom

13 years 4 months ago #145846 by ziaon
Password Auto Generate Custom was created by ziaon
I'm look for a way to modify the Auto Generate password function in CB user registration...

In stead of generating mixed alphnumaric passwords,
I would like to have it generate random 10 digit
numbers.
Does anyone know where I can find this in the code, where this function is called and how to change it to the requested?

I am on deadline and this is the last thing I am trying to figure out.

Much help would be greatly appreciated, please!!!

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #145933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password Auto Generate Custom
Typically core edits are not supported, but a plugin to do this would be very complicated and a core edit as long as constrained to what I instruct is non-detrimental. Please keep in mind upon updates you will lose core edits and have to re-add them. Please see the following location for the password generation function; adjust as necessary.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php
ON: Lines 1502 - 1508
[code:1]
/**
* Sets a random password in clear-text into $this->password
*/
function setRandomPassword( ) {
$this->password = cbMakeRandomString( 8, true );
}
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145941 by ziaon
Replied by ziaon on topic Re:Password Auto Generate Custom
I really appreciate your prompt response!
However after looking at these lines of code and this being a core modification, I have no idea of what to put in the area of code to make it do as I am requesting. LOL!

Is there anyway you or someone could be more specific on what exactly, code wise, to add in this location?

I hate sounding like the pitiful, begging no knowledge person asking for help, but this is my situation, geez, LOL.

13 years 4 months ago #145947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password Auto Generate Custom

Is there anyway you or someone could be more specific on what exactly, code wise, to add in this location?

No, sorry I will not assist with core modifications and can only provide you locations. I suggest hiring a contract developer if necessary.

I hate sounding like the pitiful, begging no knowledge person asking for help, but this is my situation, geez, LOL.

Joomla has made it quite easy for anyone to make a website. While this is a good thing it poses a great problem to developers in that users become absolute dependent. So with that respect I recommend reviewing the wonderful free resources found here to learn various web development languages such as PHP. You can also find PHPs documentation here . I recommend reviewing the following 2 URLs; 1 a direct link to a possible PHP function solution and another to good search terms.

us3.php.net/manual/en/function.uniqid.php

lmgtfy.com/?q=php+generate+random+6+digit+number

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ziaon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn