[SOLVED] 1st Login - URL redirect

13 years 4 months ago #146320 by wrogowski
[SOLVED] 1st Login - URL redirect was created by wrogowski
Hi there,

Using CB 1.2.3 I am having a problem in that the 1st login after registration it does not redirect users to the homepage of the site. I have set both the registration tab (URL for first login visit) and the CB login module to direct to the homepage. In fact the page it redirects to is one without a menu item so not sure what's going on there. This page is at - www.aquitaine-info.com/en/component/comprofiler/done. But CB login redirect works.

Also when I try and recover a username or password then the recovery process complete with the notificaton about the username or password reminder having been sent off, but again then the user is redirected to www.aquitaine-info.com/en/component/comprofiler/done.

Any help would really be appreciated. I have searched here and it seems issues are either related to the setting at the registration tab or cb subs which I am not using.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/22 15:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:1st Login - URL redirect
Setting the redirect URL within configuration and the login module to index.php should redirect to your homepage. What is currently specified? Please disable SEF and perform your tests as SEF could be causing your likes to be distorted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146330 by wrogowski
Replied by wrogowski on topic Re:1st Login - URL redirect
Hi and thanks for such a speedy reply! Both the redirect URL within configuration and the login module are set to index.php. I have now also turned off the Joomla SEF but still no change except that the URL users are redirected to is of course different (with SEF off) but it is still the same odd page.

13 years 4 months ago #146366 by krileon
Right, redirect to the Done page is correct but only for requesting a new password. You should not be sent there when logging in. Do you happen to have any caching enabled? If so please disable and clear cache. Not sure what is causing such a redirect. Please try disabling CB plugins 1 by 1 and see if this resolves as well as Joomla system plugins. It's possible there is a conflict of some sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146430 by wrogowski
Replied by wrogowski on topic Re:1st Login - URL redirect
Ok so there was no caching of any sort enabled, I have tested disabling both CB and Acymailing plug-ins(last installed component)with no change. Also removed and uninstalled CB component. Disabled SEF. So just a thought, can this URL be changed - component/comprofiler? This is where the wrong page is being shown.

13 years 4 months ago #146495 by krileon
You could make a core edit if you like, but I don't recommend it. Again, this redirect only happens for forgot login requests. You should not be redirected to such a page in any other case. Registration should redirect just to com_comprofiler, login should redirect to what you specified or home page, etc... Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn