Email registration blocked

13 years 3 months ago #148081 by akah123
Email registration blocked was created by akah123
When users register to the site the email is not sent out automatically. Now I have signed up for the documentation but can not find the solution. I have looked at other posts on here, but none seem to relate. I have followed the community builder instructions in the backend. For the related area's I have:

Allow User Registration: yes independantly of global setting.
Require Admin Approval: No
Ajax Username checker: No
Ajax Email checker: No
Require Unique E-mail: Yes
Registration Email Address: set to my email addresss connected to godaddy.

So basically in user management I have to always go in and unblock the user before the email is sent. Once I have done this the email is sent and the user can confirm but I just for love nor money get it to send by itself.

In global config it looks like this:
Allow User Registration - No
New User Registration Type - Registered
New User Account Activation - Yes
Front-end User Parameters - Show

Can someone please help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #148083 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Email registration blocked
Does Joomla mass email work?

What is your joomla email setting set to?

13 years 3 months ago #148085 by akah123
Replied by akah123 on topic Re:Email registration blocked
Hey, thanks for the speedy reply.

I attempted to send a mass email to all users. It said that it was sent out. I have checked a couple of email addresses and they have not arrived. I'm really not to sure what to do next. I need to configure/set up the email with community builder I'm guessing?

In the parameter setting for mass email I see:
Subject prefix and mailbody suffix. Would you know what I would have to place in there?

13 years 3 months ago #148087 by akah123
Ok, I have just recieved the email, so I am assuming that the mass email functionality is working. It was sent from my yahoo account that is linked to the super admin. I have set it to my exinf admin email account in CB, but this obviously was not used.

On another note that does work. Once I have enabled someone, they can be sent the emails from my godaddy email address. The only issue is I have to keep on manually unblocking people, when as you can see the configuration set up that I am using appears to be correct.

13 years 3 months ago #148104 by akah123
Does anyone have any idea's how I would sort this? The mass email is working and the configuration looks correct, unless I am missing out something (see first email). Also I have:

Moderator Approve Users: No
Send Moderators Email: Yes
Allow User Reports: Yes
Require Upload Image Approva: Yes
Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: No
Allow Profile Banning: Yes

Does anyone know where the system is failing? I do not think it is to do with my email address with godaddy as this works once the person is enabled. It surely has to be with the config of CB...right?

Also before I even filled out the field on which email account I want to send it from and reply to, the email was still sent and I still had to unblock it before it was sent.

Any thoughts on how I can automatically send emails without the need for them to be unblocked is much appreciated.

13 years 3 months ago #148107 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Email registration blocked
nant wrote:

Does Joomla mass email work?

What is your joomla email setting set to?

You have yet to address the second question.

Joomla Global Configuration -> Server -> Mail Settings?

Also can you post a URL so we can see this in action?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn