Registration

14 years 5 days ago #130307 by Elioclya
Registration was created by Elioclya
Hello,

I've been looking through the forums and the FAQs and can't seem to find a straight answer to what I'm sure is a very straightforward question!

We built a site a few years ago on Joomla 1.0 which uses CB1.1, and the owners have now come to us asking whether it's possible to get the registration page in a different language. My answer will of course include the need to upgrade the component, so please answer with the latest release in mind, but before I go back to them there's a couple of things I'd like to get clear in my head!

I know there are numerous language plugins, but I don't have a clear idea of what these actually entail - are these complete language scripts, i.e., using them will change all of the CB parts of the site into the new language, or is it possible to restrict them to only one aspect, such as the registration form? In either case, how does it work as an additional language? I'm assuming that there's some kind of frontend switch rather than having an either/or situation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 days ago #130325 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registration
You need to look for and study Joomfish to see how most Joomla sites handle multiple languages.

Joomla language plugins and CB language plugins can be created/found for additional languages.

You can alter the language files to only translate the portions we think you need (example registration form).

But you have lots of work to do to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 (not 100% needed but recommended) and to CB 1.2.2 (strongly recommended).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds