How can I translate these fields

13 years 9 months ago #136751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How can I translate these fields
Not sure what more to advise, can not duplicate such an issue. It's simply a matter of missing strings. Please see the following patch notes applied for next release.

[code:1]
'Enable Profile Blog' => 'Enable Profile Blog',
'Enable Profile Wall' => 'Enable Profile Wall',
'Enable your blog on your profile.' => 'Enable your blog on your profile.',
'Enable the wall on your profile so yourself and visitors can write on it.' => 'Enable the wall on your profile so yourself and visitors can write on it.',
'Enable Notify Me if you\'d like to receive an email notification each time someone submits an entry. This is recommended if you are not using the Auto Publish feature.' => 'Enable Notify Me if you\'d like to receive an email notification each time someone submits an entry. This is recommended if you are not using the Auto Publish feature.',
[/code:1]

All other language strings are already present within the language plugin. If you are missing them then you likely did not upgrade the language files if upgraded from a previous CB released to 1.2.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136766 by soundpin
Replied by soundpin on topic Re:How can I translate these fields
Where can i post about this issue?
I'm scripting my own language plugin(italian), because file downloaded from language forum doesn't contain cbteamplugins_language.php file.
Starting from your fresh cbteamplugins_language file and your tutorial now i have my own language plugin working with all cb plugins.
Added my needed missing strings for pb and pb_latest, but labels for fields in profile edit are not translated and i can not find where the translation function is called; anything like this?:
[code:1]
//php code

CBTxt::T('Enable Profile Blog')
or
CBTxt::T('Enable Profile Wall')
[/code:1]

Sorry I'm novice to cb community and i can not understand how labels for fields in profile edit are printed to the browser.
So did the missing strings loosed in cbteamplugins_language file or are they missed at function level or are they both?
Please where can i find answers to my questions?
How to correctly post about my issues?
Thank you

13 years 9 months ago #136812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How can I translate these fields
You need to download latest CB 1.2.2 and use the language file it provides to translate to your language. When installing CB the language files can be found at the following location with all recent strings. The above are the only known and tested missing strings, all other strings are present and working. Am not sure what more to advise.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn