[SOLVED] Disabling Default LogIn Form

14 years 1 month ago #126532 by beak01
Hi all,

On our website, the users do not have UserNames, the log in only with E-Mail and Password.

we send out some newsletters with direkt links to the website, but the user needs to be logged-in to get to the linked page.

If he is not logged in (or he has not marked the "remember" field) the joomla default log in form appears and asks him for password and USERNAME - E-mail-login does not work here.

Is it possible to show the CBLogin Module instead the default joomla module in this case?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 20:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Disabling Default LogIn Form
No, you will need a Joomla extension to redirect away from this page to a CB related page (ether registration or login). I believe there are a few that do work perfectly fine on JED . In addition to this if you plan to use CBSubs; the Joomla Plugin required by CBSubs also fixes this issue. We've discussed creating a plugin to do things such as this however for future CB releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126659 by stingray001
Replied by stingray001 on topic Re:Disabling Default LogIn Form
Hi krileon, may I know which extension you are referring to? I tried looking around the JED but to no avail. Hope that you could post a link to it soon :P

14 years 1 month ago #126678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Disabling Default LogIn Form
stingray001 wrote:

Hi krileon, may I know which extension you are referring to? I tried looking around the JED but to no avail. Hope that you could post a link to it soon :P

Your reply was 2 minutes after mine, please be more diligent when searching; we do not have the time to search for extensions for every user, sorry. Results as follows.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-management/5191

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126724 by beak01
Replied by beak01 on topic Re:Disabling Default LogIn Form
Thanks for the advice, krileon!
I'll try that in my website!

14 years 1 month ago #126776 by stingray001
Replied by stingray001 on topic Re:Disabling Default LogIn Form
Hi so sorry about that will do some search next time round ;)

Anyway I have also found another simpler solution posted by another user at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,80453/catid,30/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn