Safari doesn't remember login status

14 years 2 weeks ago #126740 by Geoffrey
Safari doesn't remember login status was created by Geoffrey
This issue is still going on for my website. It will remember users for a while and the time differs before CB auto logs them out. Sometimes the user may be logged in for a day while sometimes they are only logged in for a few minutes. This only happens then the user navigates away from my website. When they return, they might be "remembered" or they might not be and they have to log back in.

Also, here is another interesting issue. Sometimes when a user returns to the site and finds that they have been logged out and they click around on the website, they are magically logged back in!

Here is another interesting issue. Sometimes when clicking around on the site even if there is only 1 member online, the "who's online" module will show 2 members online and the CB online members module will show only 1 name (which is correct)! This issue is also present when multiple members are online - showing a number greater than what is correct.

I did an upgrade from CB 1.2.1 and I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter! I even made sure that the CB profile (mandatory) was set to public. I am not sure what is going on now. Can someone please help me out here?

Exact PHP version.= 5.2.6

Exact CB version.= 1.2.2

Exact Joomla version. 1.5.15

Detailed description of problem. (screenshots? link?) See above- website www.geoffresh.com

Any error messages reported with Joomla debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum? - Yes but this deals with a date field that I put in my template

Notice: Undefined property: JDocumentHTML::$date_field in templates/geoffresh/index.php on line 26

Any error messages reported with your hosts error log? -none

Any ACL modification components? (JACL, etc..)- none

Any SEF components? - none

Move or encrypt configuration.php?- no

Upgrade from CB version ?? or fresh install? - upgraded from 1.2.1

Migrated from Joomla version ?? or fresh install? upgraded from 1.5.14 to 1.5.15

What browser is issue present in?- safari

Geoffresh Imperial Hawk Productions
www.geoffresh.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126744 by Geoffrey
Replied by Geoffrey on topic Re:Safari doesn't remember login status
OK I'm going to try to see if there is an issue with the cache. I have turned off both the configuration panel cache and the system plugin cache. I'll report back in a while with the results. So far I am just noticing the issue with the incorrect amount of members being listed. (EX: listing "3 members online" when there is only 1 member logged in)

www.geoffresh.com

14 years 2 weeks ago #126784 by Geoffrey
Today Apple released an update to Safari and after installing it, I found myself not remembered by my website. Also interestingly enough, I was not remembered by joomlapolis.com as well! Other websites such as youtube and facebook did remember me.

Also, before installing the update, I made sure that I was remembered by my website.

System cache and Control Panel cache are still off.

www.geoffresh.com

14 years 2 weeks ago #126792 by Geoffrey
After being remembered for a few hours, the website forgot me. Also of interesting note, Joomlapolis didn't remember me as well and I had to log back in.

This was with system cache and control panel cache off.

:(

www.geoffresh.com

14 years 2 weeks ago #126812 by Geoffrey
Well, I logged back into both websites- my own and Joomlapolis- and I found that after a few hours I was forgotten by my own website and I am still remembered on Joomlapolis... There has got to be a setting that is different on my site that is effecting my system this way! I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone provide any support please?

www.geoffresh.com

14 years 1 week ago #126847 by Geoffrey
Hmm... Now this is interesting. I have found two pieces of information that may help out.

1) In the rememberme.php plugin of joomla there is a piece of code that says that admins don't get remembered. Yet even though I am an admin, I do get remembered for a while and then logged out.

2) I have checked back here a few times and noticed that I am not remembered by the system and I know that I am not an admin here for sure.

I really don't know what is going on at all now! Can someone please help?

www.geoffresh.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn