Safari doesn't remember login status

14 years 4 weeks ago #128207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Safari doesn't remember login status

I have both websites in my "top sites" menu and top sites has thumbnails for each site that refresh every-so-often. It looks like with the refresh, the site "forgets" the visitor.

If this is the case it's probably just the browser; it's not keeping your sessions active properly. You may want to also propose this to the Safari developers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128406 by Geoffrey
Replied by Geoffrey on topic Re:Safari doesn't remember login status
After checking up on the other browsers, they too have "forgotten" me. Other users have experienced this from time to time. I am contacting the people on the joomla forums as well at this link.
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=473&t=457307&start=30

I have also found myself logged out of the joomlapolis and geoffresh sites in safari as well. But now I stay logged in for a longer period of time than what I had before with the website in the "top sites." I still think that this is not a browser problem but an issue with the remember me.

The two browsers that I am using to test are: Firefox and Safari.

Geoffresh Imperial Hawk Productions
www.geoffresh.com

14 years 3 weeks ago #128538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Safari doesn't remember login status
After a period of time remember me will expire or if you close the browser it too can expire. It can also expire if your browser by default clears cookies. There are a lot of determining factors, but am not able to duplicate your results unless I've set my browser to clear cookies upon exit, etc.. It's also possible that on Joomlapolis you're jumping from HTTPS to HTTP as Joomlapolis supports both, which will cause it to "forget" you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn