how to change the word Register to Submit

14 years 2 weeks ago #129159 by charjam
I have the CB Paid Subs and I have searched all the language files for hours and hours and I cannot find where to change the action from "Register" the client wants it to say "Submit" but I cannot find where it is pulling from in the language files. Please help by not making the extension so complicated to change the registration form. I have no control over the form.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129234 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to change the word Register to Submit
Please be mindful as to where you post as you've posted a CB issue within the Facebook Connect plugin boards; this is confusing to our users (and in some cases ourselves). Thread moved to most appropriate boards (you've not specified CB version so assumed 1.2.2).

Onto your issue; such language string can be found within CB language files at components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language in default_language.php on Line 798 seen as follows.

[code:1]
if (!defined('_REGISTER_TITLE')) DEFINE('_REGISTER_TITLE','Registration');
[/code:1]

Simply change the string Registration to whatever you prefer it to display as.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129570 by charjam
Replied by charjam on topic Re:how to change the word Register to Submit
Thanks for answering, however, that line changes the Registration title of the page. I actually want to change the "Register" at the end of form where the user clicks after they have completed the form. I found that the same button at the end of the form is pulling from here: DEFINE('_UE_REGISTER','Register')

However, when I changed it to "Submit" it also changed my login form where users can click "Register" if they don't have an account. Is there any way to change where that submit but language is pulling from, because we need to keep it to say "Register" if you don't already have an account, but at the end of the registration form itself, we need it to say "Submit", but how can that be if they are pulling from the same language definition. Please help.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to change the word Register to Submit
The only available alternative for changing the button that I am aware of is directly editing the template associated with the registration form. You could append a title directly onto the button which would give it the name you'd prefer.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php
ON: Line 255
[code:1]
<input type="submit" value="<?php echo $this->registerButton; ?>" class="button" />
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn