[SOLVED] CB users list display

13 years 11 months ago #130448 by ab18556
[SOLVED] CB users list display was created by ab18556
Hi, i'm completly new to CB, and I don't how if what I'm looking for exist or if it's even possible to do it, but after 2 days of infructuous searching I surely need some advice... What I want is to display some users list, but with more configuration options. I'd like the lists to be customizable and formattable with css. And it would be important for the users/clients to be able to select which sorting options they needs so it can't only be done from the back end. Some random sorting features would be also interesting also.

In fact what I would like to do is to display 2 types of user lists, one with displaying a standart list with searching and sorting options.. And the second would be a simple avatar grid/matrix randomly picked from the users database. When we mouse over the avatar, I would like a floating "pop up or media container" to be displayed at the mouse's position and I would like it to show the user's fields.

I have a good knowledge of sql and a basic one of php so any suggestions could be nice.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/20 17:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130659 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB users list display

I'd like the lists to be customizable and formattable with css.

I recommend if not already obtained Firebug for Firefox. You can then inspect your userlist to discover it's CSS classes and IDs so you may style it as necessary.

And it would be important for the users/clients to be able to select which sorting options they needs so it can't only be done from the back end.

Create multiples of the same list; naming them intuitively of course. Users can then select them from the newly presented drop-down select above "Search users".

Some random sorting features would be also interesting also.

Scroll the Sort By to the bottom of the drop-down select. There you will find Random, which will randomize what the list sorts by.

In fact what I would like to do is to display 2 types of user lists, one with displaying a standart list with searching and sorting options.. And the second would be a simple avatar grid/matrix randomly picked from the users database. When we mouse over the avatar, I would like a floating "pop up or media container" to be displayed at the mouse's position and I would like it to show the user's fields.

Your first option is very doable simply by creating a list. However your additional scenario would require a CB Plugin to utilize JS grabbing the field data and formatting it into a pop-up (jQuery?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130685 by ab18556
Replied by ab18556 on topic Re:CB users list display
Thanks a lot, it really helped me:)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn