Users select with tabs they show?

13 years 10 months ago #133504 by Smitiz
Users select with tabs they show? was created by Smitiz
Hello there!

Is it possible to let users select witch tabs they show to the public? An easy way maybe? :) I was thinking about an on/off option, like if users put '90s favorite music in one tab and '80 favs in a separate tab and they could fill it up with their favorites but if they only like music from the '90s, then they disable the '80s tab with a click, beacause there is no reason to show an empty tab....

Can it be done with Community Builder or with any other plugin?
Plz give me advice...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133505 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Smitiz wrote:

Hello there!

Is it possible to let users select witch tabs they show to the public? An easy way maybe? :) I was thinking about an on/off option, like if users put '90s favorite music in one tab and '80 favs in a separate tab and they could fill it up with their favorites but if they only like music from the '90s, then they disable the '80s tab with a click, beacause there is no reason to show an empty tab....

Can it be done with Community Builder or with any other plugin?
Plz give me advice...

Did you try privacy plugin?

13 years 10 months ago #133511 by Smitiz
Replied by Smitiz on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Yes but I dont intend to use groups, my site's intented target group consists mainly on women, whos a bit more familiar with just clicking on yes/no rather than joining groups ^^

13 years 10 months ago #133519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Smitiz wrote:

Yes but I dont intend to use groups, my site's intented target group consists mainly on women, whos a bit more familiar with just clicking on yes/no rather than joining groups ^^

CB Privacy does offer a wide array of options, but to my knowledge is only know solution; sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133520 by Smitiz
Replied by Smitiz on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Thank you anyway, maybe I'll try groupJive with a small testgroup of girls :D:D

13 years 10 months ago #133525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users select with tabs they show?
Smitiz wrote:

Thank you anyway, maybe I'll try groupJive with a small testgroup of girls :D:D

You can also configure CB to not show empty fields, then set it to not show empty tabs and this will hide empty tabs/fields. Seams this is what you're needing after re-reading your original post? Please see CB Configuration followed by User Profile tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn