[#1720] Display main menu on left

13 years 10 months ago #133601 by alimbolar
[#1720] Display main menu on left was created by alimbolar
Hi ..:-)..

I am new to CB..

I have a main menu which is on the sidebar (position:left).. when I keep the setting in Joomla for displaying on all pages it's perfect.. My CB Registration page is just fine..

Now there is one page I don't want this left sidebar so in Joomla I have chosen a few pages on which the main menu is displayed.. all the pages are fine.. except the Registration page.. :-(..

My problem is I don't know where the Registration page is to highlight so that the main menu is displayed on the registration page...

Please help me as my site is complete and I just need this to be fixed before I can show it to the client...

regards,
Alim

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/10 20:16

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133707 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Display main menu on left
If accessing the registration page via a menu link you should be able to exclude this from your module. However, if accessing via the login module links then you'll need to edit the login module as it does not append Itemids to the links which is used in determination of module display or not. Please search as code locations, examples, etc... have already been provided for editing the login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133759 by alimbolar
Replied by alimbolar on topic Re:Display main menu on left
Hi krileon...:-)..

Thanks for the prompt response..:-)..

Just one small favour.. I know I shouldn't expect to be 'hand held and guided'..;-).. but I request if you can please point me in the right direction here..

What do you mean by 'editing the login module'? and where can I find the code locations, examples etc..?

I went to modules.. and saw the mod_cblogin.. is that where you are saying I have to do the editing? coz I can't find anything there..:-(..

Sorry for being such a 'newbie'..;-)..

Regards,
Alim

13 years 10 months ago #133919 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Display main menu on left
IN: modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php
ON: Line 811
[code:1]
$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers"«»);
[/code:1]
TO:
[code:1]
$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=##"«»);
[/code:1]

Replace ## with your register menu link Itemid (e.g. 20).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133949 by alimbolar
Thanks a million krileon..:-).. really appreciate it..:-)..

will try it right away..:-)..

Regards,
Alim

13 years 10 months ago #133968 by alimbolar
Hi Krileon..

Tried it but it didn't seem to work.. the line you mentioned was on line number 796.. I added the Itemid=1

but I am not clear what you mean by 'register menu link Itemid'...:-(..

I need the main menu module to appear on the left.. and the main module does not have an Itemid..

menu links have Itemids.. but the Registration page does not have any menu link.. so it doesn't seem to have any Itemid..

Sorry if I am confusing you..;-).. would really appreciate if you could throw some light on this..

regards,
Alim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn