How to find the uploaded file in a filetype field?

13 years 10 months ago #135684 by wgary
I am using the filetype field plugin to provide a field to upload a file during the registration process. This is working fine.

But I want to retrieve this file automaticaly from the webserver. How can I identify the directory where the file will be stored? The filename is stored in the field, but it seams that the directory is depending on the date/time?

Is is configurable to change the directory to just one directory and add a timestamp to the filename?

I havent found any documentation..
best regards
Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135785 by krileon
The directory at which the File fieldtype plugin stores uploads to is images/comprofiler/plug_cbfilefield/USER_ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137278 by johnjames84
I am looking for a file upload option field in the field types. can you please let me know where i can download the "filetype field plugin". Is it commercial?

I am using Joomla 1.5.18 and CB 1.2.2 - will this plugin support my versions? Please let me know

thanks
John

13 years 9 months ago #137283 by nant
johnjames84 wrote:

I am looking for a file upload option field in the field types. can you please let me know where i can download the "filetype field plugin". Is it commercial?

I am using Joomla 1.5.18 and CB 1.2.2 - will this plugin support my versions? Please let me know

thanks
John

It is offered free of charge (along with 13 other CB Team released plugins) to CB Documentation subscribers.

13 years 9 months ago #137286 by johnjames84
Will the plugin allow me upload one or more PDF file per profile?

-John

Post edited by: johnjames84, at: 2010/07/08 14:05

13 years 9 months ago #137295 by nant
johnjames84 wrote:

Will the plugin allow me upload one or more PDF file per profile?

-John

Post edited by: johnjames84, at: 2010/07/08 14:05

The plugin will allow you to create one or more CB file fields. Each such file field will allow one file upload per profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn