Facebook comments

10 years 11 months ago #227060 by phum
Facebook comments was created by phum
Hi,

I have questions related to CB connect.

1. Any way to use the facebook comment (CB connect) in joomla article?
2. how to put facebook like box (CB connect) on the website sidebar?

I tried to find documents that related to it but I could not find it.

Best,

Chhoy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #227106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook comments

1. Any way to use the facebook comment (CB connect) in joomla article?

Yes, set the field scope to be page based. Then use CB Content Bot to allow substitutions in Joomla articles. Next substitute in your facebook comment field.

2. how to put facebook like box (CB connect) on the website sidebar?

Create your likebox field then use CB Content Module with a substitution for your likebox field and should display fine.

Please see the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #227227 by phum
Replied by phum on topic Facebook comments
I have created a cb_facebookcomment ==>set field scope to be page based. Then I installed Joomla 2.5 CB Content plugin version 2.2.0 and I go to joomla article manager and [cb:userfield field="cb_facebookcomment" /] in one of my article. It seem nothing happen.

Could you please give step by step instruction to set up it?

I used joomla 3.1.1

10 years 11 months ago #227242 by krileon
For CB Content Bot you need to surround your substitutions with {cb:} for it to parse string for substitutions. So you'd use the below for example.

{cb:[cb:userfield field="cb_facebookcomment" /] }

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #227285 by phum
Replied by phum on topic Facebook comments
Hi,

I have followed your instruction but I could not get it working. It seem the bot_cbcontent_j25-220.zip is not working with joomla 3.1.1.

Note: I got an error when I tried to install using the plugin CB plugin installer and it seem ok when I installed the bot_cbcontent_j25-220.zip by using joomla install, it said the plugin install successful, but I could not find the plugin by the joomla plugin manager or by CB plugin manager.

Where was the plugin go?

10 years 11 months ago #227300 by krileon
It works fine in all my tests. It's a Joomla content plugin so it needs to be installed through Joomla. Once installed you need to enable it within Extensions > Plug-in Manager. Now you can use substitutions within your Joomla articles. Again, you need to surround substitutions within Joomla articles with {cb:} for that string to be parsed (e.g. {cb:[username]}).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn