Running 2.2.2 Captcha - Tons of Bot Registrations

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212767 by SCLRWeb
Over the past year I am now getting more and more bot registrations...

Currently changing the font, lenght and height of the captcha to see if it helps but not sure what else I can do... ReCaptcha would seem like a better tool to use...

Any other suggestions?

Am a Subs Customer and didn't renew advanced as I've been too behind to update the site as much as I'd like.

www.sclr.org

But also having some issues with subscriptions not expiring correctly and mailing out expiration close notifications - will try to create a separate thread for that.

I general things have been working pretty good over the past 36 months though...

Current test with Captcha Changes:

Removed Audio Portion - Temporarily

Length: 7

Char Set Added #'s:
23456789 (removed 1 & 0 so not confused with "L" or "O" and added some Cap Letters)

Font:
PRIMERB

Captcha Txt Color:
89,89,xxx
Noise
95,xxx,xxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #212817 by nant
Are you sure these registrations are getting through from your CB registration?

Maybe you did not shut down your Joomla registration as instructed in the documentation?

11 years 5 months ago #213857 by xpatman
Hi
Maybe you did not shut down your Joomla registration as instructed in the documentation? Please tell me more

I am using the standard CB 1.8.1 but since moving to Joomla 2-5 I am getting a lot of spam/fake registrations that are getting passed the Captcha and Require Email Confirmation

Captcha Version 2.4 - Apr 2010

Any Ideas

11 years 5 months ago #213866 by nant

xpatman wrote: Hi
Maybe you did not shut down your Joomla registration as instructed in the documentation? Please tell me more

I am using the standard CB 1.8.1 but since moving to Joomla 2-5 I am getting a lot of spam/fake registrations that are getting passed the Captcha and Require Email Confirmation

Captcha Version 2.4 - Apr 2010

Any Ideas

Please start new thread in the Advanced forum support area.

Please give version numbers when posting.

Please study your CB installation guide to disable Joomla registrations.

11 years 5 months ago #213868 by SCLRWeb

nant wrote: Are you sure these registrations are getting through from your CB registration?

Maybe you did not shut down your Joomla registration as instructed in the documentation?

Yes I am sure...

The fields that are completed are via the CB Only side... also some are also doing the email verification as well.

Ours is paid and I have to manually approve the users so I see them.

Since I've changed the settings the spam reg's have stopped...
Default settings were being worked around...

11 years 5 months ago #213869 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn