Creative Tab ??

17 years 10 months ago #12257 by gareth_w
Creative Tab ?? was created by gareth_w
Hi All,

I'm trying to recreate the creative tab article posted on teh front page here, but I can't get it work. The eventual "About Me" field I create ends up as a new tab under the existing "Profile" tab, whereas I'd like it to appear as a new tab by itself.

What am I missing? :blink:

I was thinking that maybe Creative Tab was a separate download but if so I can't find it anywhere :(

If anyone can give me a step by step walk through of how to do this that would be great.

Many thanks,
Gareth

Post edited by: gareth_w, at: 2006/05/11 21:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #12267 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Creative Tab ??
Creative tab isn't seperated tab or something like that. You will need to check you tab settings. Especially on where to place the tab. It should be exactly the same as the other tabs you've got.

Hope this will help
If you don't understand me than ask me.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

17 years 10 months ago #12269 by gareth_w
Replied by gareth_w on topic Re:Creative Tab ??
That's the problem - It does have the same settings - Display as "tab" and Position as "tabmain".

The Process I have followed is
(backend)
Create Tab
Create Field on that tab
(frontend)
Edit Profile and add some data.

I've done this twice now and it comes out at the same place - what might I be doing wrong?

My site is not yet live but I can PM you the URL if you want to take a look for yourself.

PS - I'm using CB 1.0RC2 on Joomla 1.0.8. I could upgrade to 1.0 stable, but not before the weekend.

Many thanks,
Gareth.

17 years 10 months ago #12278 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Creative Tab ??
Could you PM the link. Would be very usefull.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

17 years 10 months ago #12340 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Creative Tab ??
gareth_w wrote:

Hi All,

I'm trying to recreate the creative tab article posted on teh front page here, but I can't get it work. The eventual "About Me" field I create ends up as a new tab under the existing "Profile" tab, whereas I'd like it to appear as a new tab by itself.

What am I missing? :blink:

I was thinking that maybe Creative Tab was a separate download but if so I can't find it anywhere :(

If anyone can give me a step by step walk through of how to do this that would be great.

Many thanks,
Gareth

You have most likely set the nested tab parameter in the CB configuration backend.

17 years 10 months ago #12364 by gareth_w
Replied by gareth_w on topic Re:Creative Tab ??
Thanks - I do seem to remember altering this setting.

I've tried to do this from work but the firewall is stopping me - I'll try from home tonight and let you know how I get on.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn