Starting and Growing your community.

17 years 7 months ago #18613 by gypsydogg
Starting and Growing your community. was created by gypsydogg
I haven't seen a forum like this and if there is forgive me, but being that CB is such a good component, I thought this site would be a good home for this discussion.

I was wondering if people could share their thoughts of starting off their sites and helping them grow. I know mine started with spam :( I know, I know, but it was to a very targeted audience...Email newsletters seem to spark traffic, but I find it a challenge to get people to interact with the site... any thoughts?

gypsydogg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #18881 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Starting and Growing your community.
bump

gypsydogg

17 years 6 months ago #19835 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:Starting and Growing your community.
make something people need, and promote it to those who would need it..

google, yahoo search engine advertisements work too

17 years 6 months ago #21254 by gypsydogg
One problem I am facing is getting people to start posting to the blogs and forums. I found a service that posts to forums to get them populated, has anybody ever tried that. Seems like people are afraid to interact with the forums and blogs. Web 2.0 is the future and I need to figure this out!!!

gypsydogg

17 years 6 months ago #21450 by Marc72
Replied by Marc72 on topic Re:Starting and Growing your community.
I am haveing the same problem. Seems like they are scared to post. Which service is it? Sounds interesting.

17 years 6 months ago #21513 by gypsydogg
The one I found originally was forumhype.com but I did a search for blog posting service and forum posting service and found a few more. It seems like this is the only way to get a forum started. I get traffic and targeted at that, people register for the site and everything, yet they are scared to post. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

gypsydogg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn