custom search of cb field values

18 years 3 months ago #4320 by joomlascout
custom search of cb field values was created by joomlascout
Hi,

I am planning on building a CB RC2 community and I'm going to build several custom fields for users to fill out. What I'd like to do is build a form where users can search the fields that I have made. For example, if I have a field called "country" with a dropdown list of countries, I'd like the search field to have the same dropdown list of countries that people could search only users from that country. Same goes for age, gender, language, etc.

I don't have very extensive php and mysql coding skills, which I suspect I would need to do this... Is it just a matter of building a wrapper php page with the search form??? Or could this be done with one of the 3rd party form components out there? Can this be done from within cb rc2?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4385 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:custom search of cb field values
There is quite a lot of discussion about this issue in the forum. However, to me it seems that there is not a good solution to this, yet.

mikko

18 years 3 weeks ago #9184 by ViRiL
Replied by ViRiL on topic Re:custom search of cb field values
Im searcing too, for a advanced userlist where user can search for custom cb fields.

i think this is a important function for a community!

sorry for my english..... i try to do my very best

18 years 3 weeks ago #9185 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:custom search of cb field values
The current state of this is that some hacks and a component exists, but nothing in the core. See the other threads where the word search is mentioned.

-mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn