Preformance

18 years 1 month ago #7499 by mad_gertje
Preformance was created by mad_gertje
Hy guys,

We got a problem with our site, the load of mysql is to high. At night with no users online each refresh of the front page makes my mysql service to get a load of 100%.

So imagen how it is when 50 members are online and are all refreshing.. Our site is getting bigger and bigger and we recently had to move to a dedicated server cause our ISP had to close our site to prevent it crashing the entiere server.

Now I have checked the status of mysql after being online after moving to the dedicated server. I only got 180 mb of ram
free :blink: .

CPU = P4 3.0 HT
Ram = 1024 MB
HD = 120 GB
Apache = 1.3.34
PHP = 4.4.2
MYSQL = 4.0.23

running on linux with directadmin

So I went to phpmyadmin to check the runtime information, there where a couple of things that where red.. And the things that concerned me where :
[code:1]

Handler_read_rnd 16 k
Handler_read_rnd_next 27 M

[/code:1]

Handler_read_rnd_next had a size of 1 G before I restarted the mysql server...

The solution to this is to use correct indexed tables and something else I didn't quite really understoot.

I do notice that after 1 day of the site being online I already got 2,5 million queries..

So what am I doing wron here?

Thanks in advance
mad_gertje
www.nightcity.nl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7521 by ford
Replied by ford on topic Re:Preformance
Do you have any other applications running that might explain the problem?

Indexing tables is definitely something to consider looking into! It has a huge impact!

Ford

18 years 1 month ago #7525 by mad_gertje
Replied by mad_gertje on topic Re:Preformance
I don not have any experience with this, could you help me? and no there are no other programs in the back.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds