QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?

18 years 1 month ago #8407 by dardo36
QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time? was created by dardo36
Hi how r u guys...

ok this is my problem...i just want to know if its possible to have two user types in CB...( artist and listeners)

they both would have diferente tabs in their profile.

example:

Artist: shows, gallery (gallery2), songs (zoom gallery), ...

Listeners : favorite bands, gallery (gallery2) , friends...

i want to be able to list users by artist or listeners

is it possible to have Two community builders at the same time...?

Thanks for ur help...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8410 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?
Unfortunately it is not possible to have two CBs. Currently there is no access control on tab level either.

Some field level 'access control' exist in the form of conditions plugin, but that most likely does not solve your problem. (you might try to hide all fields within a tab with the conditions plugin, but it would be cumbersome and most likely not safe)

Mikko

18 years 1 month ago #8417 by dardo36
Replied by dardo36 on topic Re:QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?
Thanks mikko for the your fast reply...have u ever checked www.thefword.fm ?

u think it is 100% impossible? :( :dry:

what would happen if i copy the com_comprofiler folder? :unsure:

18 years 1 month ago #8436 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?
Without some programming, this is not possible. Copying the code to a different location does not work because the two duplicate sets of code would use the same database anyways.

If you can do programming, you could do this as a hack, but I have no idea how big of a job that might be.

mikko

18 years 1 month ago #8463 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?
Access control is a pretty limited feature in Joomla, and a lot of programming would be involved to duplicate any component. Most have their post variables and database table names hard-coded, including CB.

What you're looking to do could conceivably be done with plugins. A solution with a bit less programming involved might be to hack or modify CB plugins so that a hidden toggle on/off CB field controls the editing and display functions per user. It'd be a manual task to enable or disable the tab, and it's definitely not a replacement for real access control lists, but it'a at least possible and sustainable for smaller community sites.

If you're looking to get a site up and running yesterday, on the down side, you can't create select fields in a plugin's xml file as of yet (responsible for drawing an on/off drop-down or radio field within a tab), but it should be possible when 1.0 Stable is released.

It's that feature among a couple other little things that has held me up using 1.0 RC2 for a couple of my production sites and releasing plugins I have on the back burner.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 4 weeks ago #8475 by dardo36
Replied by dardo36 on topic Re:QUESTION...Two CB's at the same time?
Thanks pointri for taking ur time...ok i think i understood what you explained me ( Im only 16 years old and im new to CB so theres a lot of terms i cant understand yet)...

Would you mind to take a look to this .jpeg:

www.fantasytoystore.com/cb_music_.jpg

That is exactly what i would like to get...

Tell me is it too difficult? what if i take a look to the tables in the data base and then duplicate them with other names?

I know this can be done... but i still cant get it :S :dry:

I will appreciate any help or suggestion
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn