[SOLVED] Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect

13 years 8 months ago #137398 by aneumann
When I enter an entry in somemones Wall, mod_CBPBlatest shows in the "Wall" Mode wrong entries.

Example: Phil writes in Peters Wall. The Module then shows something like "Peter added a new Wall wall entry for - xx/xx/2010".

It should show: "Phil added a new Wall wall entry for Peter - xx/xx/2010".

So the first name is the Wall-Owner, which is wrong and the Targetname itself is missing.

Post edited by: aneumann, at: 2010/07/09 17:39

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/05 19:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #137418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
Was able to confirm bug. Have resolved for next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145207 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
This module still has a bug from what I can determine.

In my CB configuration, we are set up to show NAME (not username) ONLY.

so as you can see the listings displayed are pretty useless.

I think it should say something more like

[name] added a new wall entry to [name]'s wall - 10/31/2010
[name] wrote a new blog "Issy's Special Thinking Space" - 10/31/2010

I dug through these forums and found some old posts that implied substitutions could be done in the module "back end" -- but I cannot find any such place to make these substitutions...:(

Post edited by: marykroeger, at: 2010/10/31 14:35
Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #145269 by krileon
Substitutions respect configuration. In other words if you use [name] then the name field in Field Management must be configured to display on profile and must be on a public and published tab. Please check the configuration of the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145406 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
I triple checked:

I set the module to hide the avatar

In Community Builder:
I have the name field appearing on the profile tab.
On the Wall and Profile book tabs (both published) and set to viewable by everyone, I have show name set to yes in the extra fields area.

The profile and contact info tabs are set to viewable by everyone...

but it still displays badly:

If I look at the source with firebug you can of course see it wants to format the link, but does not put in the name :

<ul id="mod_cbpblatest_b">
<li><a href="www.council-of-eriador.com/coedev/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=75&Itemid=68" class="cbpbEntryLnk"> wrote a new blog "www.council-of-eriador.com/coedev/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&tab=getprofilebookblogtab&user=75&Itemid=68" class="cbpbEntryLnk">The Punk List Must Never Die" - 11/02/2010

So I don't understand what I am missing...:blink:

Post edited by: marykroeger, at: 2010/11/03 00:07

Post edited by: marykroeger, at: 2010/11/03 00:08
Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #145474 by krileon
Where are you placing [name]? The current release of PBLatest doesn't support substitutions. The name and link are added in with the language string by %s, there should be 2 %s per string 1 being the entry URL and 1 being the formatname field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn