Profile Book Latest Avatar Size: Help Request

13 years 4 months ago #147191 by steinsandy
Hello everyone,

I'm adding mod_cbpblatest to my website but the avatar size is HUGE and there is no option to display the name of the poster nor where the poster posted (ie on who's wall).

Can anyone point me to where I can edit at least the avatar size so that it fits where I want it to without taking away too much from other primary page features?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147200 by krileon
The thumbnail of the users avatar is used for display. Maybe want to check thumbnail sizes within CB configuration as to not be too large. You can reduce the size using CSS; aside from that there's no easy way to reduce their size. Next release will feature more capabilities such as full substitution support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147243 by steinsandy
Replied by steinsandy on topic Re:Profile Book Latest Avatar Size: Help Request
The CB avatar size isn't effecting it at all. What CSS file do I need to edit to adjust the avatar sizes?

Thank you for your help, I look forward to the next release!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

13 years 4 months ago #147258 by krileon

The CB avatar size isn't effecting it at all. What CSS file do I need to edit to adjust the avatar sizes?

You can add the CSS to your Joomla template CSS file or CB template CSS file. Either one should work sufficiently. I recommend Firebug for Firefox to examine the elements in the module so you know what classes to use.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #160635 by Avasa
Hi - I'm terrible with CSS and not sure where to start in terms of knowing what to edit. I like the sizes in CB itself, but that same size in the pb latest module is way too big! The Kuena ones, which are sourced from CB are the right size for a module.

I can't find a CSS file for the module itself, and am not sure how to hardwire size into the php file. I assume that it would be built in here:
$return		.=	'<li>' . ( $showAvatar ? ( $avatar . ' ' ) : '' ) . $entryText . '</li>';

If not, what would I have to put in my template.css or style.css (using a rocketheme template) to affect only the avatar size in this module?

Sorry for the noob guidance request but a little out of my league on this one. I would have just gone with usernames instead of avatars, but the proposed fix doesn't work when the module is embedded into an article with modules anywhere... so have to work with Avatars.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn