Basic questions before we buy

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182880 by therealkickers
Basic questions before we buy was created by therealkickers
Hi there!

I have some questions about the profile gallery plugin which I would like to get answered before we buy. So if anybody can help, that would be great.

1. We have to have the standard image / media upload plugin from our Joomla 1.6.4 website disabled with no exclusion. So our question is: Does the CB plugin come with its very own upload routine that is in *no* way technically connected to the Joomla one (which is usually located under the standard editor window)?

2. When users start the upload process - what do they see? I guess they chose the file from their local hard drive and push some upload button. After the upload is completed, will the user see a) a list of any images that have ever been uploaded to the website (standard media folder) or b) a list of any images that this particular user has ever uploaded (folder for each user) or c) only this particular file he has just finished uploading?

This is important because this was the reason we had to deactivate the joomla media upload plugin. With the standard plugin every user could see / use every picture that everbody, including admins had ever uploaded to the one and only defineable folder. We want users who upload ony to see either only their very own files or, better, only the one file from the actual upload process.

3. What kind of restrictions can admins set for e.g. image dimensions, file size or similar? Is there any automatism available that will downsize uploaded files to the given limits?

4. Will uploded images be adressed with public rights, or will only registered users be able to open them? We'd like to know because we would like to use the plugin also for linking the uploaded images on public areas of the website outside the profile gallery.

Thanks for any information!
Christoph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182888 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Basic questions before we buy

therealkickers wrote: Hi there!

I have some questions about the profile gallery plugin which I would like to get answered before we buy. So if anybody can help, that would be great.

Before I address your questions, please note that one time item purchases do not have any support built-in. This means that no upgrades will be made available on such purchases and no priority support forum access.

This add-on is also available for Advanced and Professional members (with support and upgrades for 1 year).

Now for your questions ....

1. We have to have the standard image / media upload plugin from our Joomla 1.6.4 website disabled with no exclusion. So our question is: Does the CB plugin come with its very own upload routine that is in *no* way technically connected to the Joomla one (which is usually located under the standard editor window)?

CB Profile Gallery does not rely on Joomla media manager.

2. When users start the upload process - what do they see? I guess they chose the file from their local hard drive and push some upload button. After the upload is completed, will the user see a) a list of any images that have ever been uploaded to the website (standard media folder) or b) a list of any images that this particular user has ever uploaded (folder for each user) or c) only this particular file he has just finished uploading?

You can test this on your profile. The Gallery plugin is installed.

3. What kind of restrictions can admins set for e.g. image dimensions, file size or similar? Is there any automatism available that will downsize uploaded files to the given limits?

Image size, Image dimensions (with downsizing), thumbnail dimensions, quota per user (number of items, total storage).

4. Will uploded images be adressed with public rights, or will only registered users be able to open them? We'd like to know because we would like to use the plugin also for linking the uploaded images on public areas of the website outside the profile gallery.

If you know the path, you can link to the image.

Thanks for any information!
Christoph

You are welcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: therealkickers

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182890 by therealkickers
Replied by therealkickers on topic Re: Basic questions before we buy
Thank you for your answer.
Sounding good indeed. I'm checking whether I could find some more addons useful (some really nices ones in the list) and if a subscription might be an option.

One further question to the gallery plugin if I may:

As we are not running any profile related plugins yet, I wonder if I was correct thinking that the gallery (and maybe further plugins) will (each) appear as a new tab right next to the one "user details" as shown here:

Am I?

PS: Sorry, I didn't see the "Presales" forum first...
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #182907 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Basic questions before we buy
please look at your profile on this site - see how the profile gallery is displayed and works.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn