How to display a gallery of a given list of users

12 years 3 months ago #187540 by sophies
Hi,
the problem is the following:
1. within registered users, there are 2 independent lists of users (men and women). How can i have a gallery displaying just users from a given list, not all together?
2. how do i make a gallery (either the Gallery module, or any other way) display only the profile pictures of users, not their full actual galleries?
3. how do i add pagination to the gallery? i don't want to limit it to X users only, but i don't want to have hundreds of them all on one page?
thank you!
Sophie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187886 by sophies
Is this the guaranteed response time for Professional account "within 24 hours"??? i am waiting for 3 full days already - and nothing!!!

12 years 3 months ago #187888 by nant

sophies wrote: Is this the guaranteed response time for Professional account "within 24 hours"??? i am waiting for 3 full days already - and nothing!!!

Sorry to miss your post.

The response time concerns posts you make in the Professional Support forum area here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support

not posts made in other freely accessible areas.

So, next time please post in the Professional Support forum area as we do not monitor other areas as often.

Regarding your questions:

Hi,
the problem is the following:
1. within registered users, there are 2 independent lists of users (men and women). How can i have a gallery displaying just users from a given list, not all together?
2. how do i make a gallery (either the Gallery module, or any other way) display only the profile pictures of users, not their full actual galleries?
3. how do i add pagination to the gallery? i don't want to limit it to X users only, but i don't want to have hundreds of them all on one page?
thank you!
Sophie

I am not fully understanding the concept as you are mixing up CB Gallery plugin concepts with user profile pictures and perhaps user list concept.

regarding #1:
Sounds like you need to create 2 CB User lists that are filtered off some gender field?
One list would show male members and a second one female members. You cannot show CB Gallery items in a user list, but you can show the profile avatar/picture if you want.

regarding #2:
This is the mixing up concept. If you want a module that just shows male user profile avatar/pictures, you can use CB user list concept from previous answer.

regarding #3:
If by Gallery you are referring to the CB Gallery plugin, then you can enable pagination (check user guide that comes with CB Gallery plugin package).
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophies

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187995 by sophies

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn