Special Level Articles: not seen by twitter-logged

14 years 6 days ago #127680 by rafamontoya
Hi all,
Have you notice this? When I give author privilege to a new user logged with twitter account, he is not able to see articles with "special" level access.
Any clue?
Thx,
rafa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 days ago #127687 by krileon
Please confirm if issue present with other users created via User Management or frontend. Twitter nor Facebook handler usergroups, it simply creates the user as "Registered". Changing usergroup via backend should not have any such adverse affects. As far as I was aware special applies to Backend users.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/22 19:52

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 days ago #127719 by rafamontoya
Hi krileon, thx for your answer.
According to the helptips:

Access Level. Who has access to this item. Current options are:
Public. Everyone has access
Registered. Only registered users have access
Special. Only users with author status or higher have access

With other users created via User Management or frontend, keeps working fine.
BR,
rafa

14 years 5 days ago #127814 by krileon
Was able to duplicate your issue but only temporarily. You must allow adequate time for a users Session to update with the new Usergroup. This can especially be seen if the user is logged in and you change their Usergroup; it may take a page refresh or two. This is also present for non-Facebook users. Upon logout and login the usertype should be set correctly in Session (a page refresh or two should also do the trick).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn