[SOLVED] Cannot edit Twitter name in profile edit

13 years 9 months ago #136856 by digiguy1
Hi Kyle,

On to the Twitter thing.. while working still on the Facebook thing.

I have the CBTW login working, and that is fine. But if I sign in with a Facebook account, and then try to add a Twitter name, when I go into edit, the field does not show up as a CB twitter field to enter the name. I do have the CB field manager twitter_username profile, registration, and published set to yes. But when in regular profile view mode, the field is there but blank, and I have the setting in the Configuration Manager>User Manager Tab>Text to display for empty fields set to "Fill out in Edit your profile above".
When I try to edit it like a normal user(registered level only), it is not there. All fields are set to be seen by registered users. I can see the field in the back-end admin(icon shows it ID visible in Profile, and if I fill that in, it does work for what I want. But I want the user to be able to log in via one method or another, and then set the rest of the fields in one account. All is possible but this twitter_name field.
Further settings on the Twitter Username Field Manager are as follows:
Required?: NO
Show on Profile?: YES
Display field title in Profile?: YES
Searchable in users-lists?: NO
User Read Only?: NO
Show at Registration?: YES
Published: YES

I don't think i am missing anything... am I? If so where could it be?

Thanks so much Kyle, I know I am probably asking a lot of questions.

Sincerely,
Kirk

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/02 17:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136859 by krileon
You're not allowed to edit the twitter name, it's synchronized from Twitter it self. It's not a field for a user to edit and no setting will allow editing it. When a user logins in via Twitter the field will populate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136864 by digiguy1
Thanks Kyle,

I thought I was crazy or something. I always assume I am wrong before the program.
But this causes an issue. A user logs in with facebook, then tries wants to have twitter information on their cb profile as well... this is not possible?
If they go back and log in with a twitter account, will it link into the cb account and add that information in there? I haven't had success with that, as it adds another account that is a twitter account... so much for 1 user account... or again, is this my issue?

13 years 9 months ago #136883 by krileon

A user logs in with facebook, then tries wants to have twitter information on their cb profile as well... this is not possible?

Yes, once they login via Facebook they need only login via Twitter. This would synchronize their account to twitter AND facebook.

If they go back and log in with a twitter account, will it link into the cb account and add that information in there?

They need to login via Twitter WHILE logged in to the site, this way the Twitter account will Link instead of creating them another account.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136929 by digiguy1
Ok I understand.

Post edited by: digiguy1, at: 2010/07/02 12:57

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn